Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What firearm (or bow) did you get your first deer with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 point buck. Stevens double barrel side by side 20 gauge w/ #4 buckshot. 12 years old with my Uncle Bob.
    Killed a few with a Stevens double in 20 g myself. It was my #1 gun back when we used to run dogs and #4 buck was the load.

Comment

Always thought it would be with my Tikka .270, but that particular weekend I took a buddy out with me and let him borrow the Tikka because it was light weight and easy to carry.. so I ended up getting my first deer with a 6.5 Creedmoor.

Comment

30-30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Old savage .222... about 20 years ago... took an antelope the same year with that gun too!

Comment

Ruger 44 Carbine, in 44 Mag. Still remember, I loved the Remington 240 gr. hollow cavities. The deer did not, nor did the turtles. I killed my first deer around 1982 or 83, a little fork horn whitetail.

I sure wish I had that rifle back, loved that rifle. It had a 4X Weaver, with a post style crosshair. Hell of a pig and javelina gun. It would light the night up. I could fire that thing at night, it would light up everything for quite a ways, then you could not see anything for a while afterwards. I remember shooting at some javelinas in the dark and it lit up the road all the way down to where the javelina were, about 50 yards away and beyond. The shocked look on their faces, when the whole area lit up and that god awful noise. Always reminded me of the old WWII films, where they would fire cannons at night and light the area up, with the blast.
            Then I liked to shoot turtles in stock ponds. It would rain turtle chunks for a while afterwards. You could always tell when I got the turtle. If I missed, it would just rain water back down, 15 seconds later. If I got the turtle, it would rain water and turtle chunks 15 seconds later.

Comment

1974 - Open sight Savage 222/20 gauge...using the "top" barrel on a Comfort, Tx forkie.

Comment

Sako Finnbear 30-06

Real County, Texas 1962

Comment

Remington 700 30-06, in 1992.

Comment

71 7.7 jap grand dad sent back during WWll

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                      remington 870 12 gauge with 00 buck, around 1998.

That’s weird, this is exactly mine, I was 8 years old. How old were you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was a Marlin 30-30 at a hundred yards (beginners luck), 2016

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
                          Killed a few with a Stevens double in 20 g myself. It was my #1 gun back when we used to run dogs and #4 buck was the load.

I never saw #4 buck in a 20ga load. Mine was always Winchester 2 3/4" #3 or Federal 3" #2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

got a doe with our S&W model 1500 .222 Rem at about 60 yds many years ago.. still love that rifle too!

Comment

Another for marlin 30-30. First deer with bow was a doe with my mission venture.

Comment

Working...
                                X