No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, We were last weekend when the cold front came through and the deer were not moving very much. Couple days later they were everywhere. Some of the younger bucks were really starting to push the does around. Hoping to get back down next week. Good luck to yall that are there this week and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comment

Bucks chasing does every sit. Mature mgmt deer came in yesterday at 40yds and bubba dropped the hammer!! He shot a doe an hour earlier! Now he's ready to go back to catching slabs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those of y'all seeing bucks chasing where do y'all hunt?
        Just talked to my buddy who is at the lease, and still no bucks chasing on our place. We hunt off of Caverns road, witch is just west of town.

Comment

Zero action down Juno Hwy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We are also about 2 miles from the caverns, east of the caverns and we have seen zero rut activity.

Comment

I'm east of town at exit 420 they are chasing here.

Comment

Heading back to Sutton county Thursday for 12 days hope the mature Deer get on thier feet and start moving. Wish we could get a nice artic front to blow in as well ���� For added bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  I'm in. Speaking of eating places in Sonora, how is that Steakhouse just on the Northside of I-10? Anywhere else have decent eats? I liked the salsa at the Mexican place next to Sonic, but that was about it. We won't go to town much, but when we do I'd like to eat somewhere decent.

Taco grill is good for breakfast and steak house has good chopped steak and chicken fried steak

Comment

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
                    Heading back to Sutton county Thursday for 12 days hope the mature Deer get on thier feet and start moving. Wish we could get a nice artic front to blow in as well ���� For added bonus
                    12 days.....thats awesome. Going to make some of us a tad jealous.

Comment

Lots of bucks chasing on our place, which is down bond road about 8 miles. Haven't seen many mature bucks at all this year though, but lots of good young deer.

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
                        12 days.....thats awesome. Going to make some of us a tad jealous.
                        Already been at the ranch 10 days only 5 more to go until the 16th then I’m back 14 days.

Comment

South of towns the Sutton/ Val verde border. The bucks are pushing but the does aren’t having it yet. Still decent feeder activity. Some of the mature deer I saw this weekend wanted corn and nothing else...others were pushing. It should bust open pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                            Already been at the ranch 10 days only 5 more to go until the 16th then I’m back 14 days.
                            Man thats awesome. I am planning on doing a long stay the week of the 5th. Not sure what days yet. But it will be a longer stay since I have a mandatory class for work the following week. Who schedules classes during hunting season???

Comment

Sonora TX 2017-2018

I wasn't able to go to the lease this weekend but the guys that did didn't see a whole lot of activity. The moon phase might have had something to do with it. We got word of a neighboring property doing day hunts so hopes of snagging a trophy are not looking good. I'll be heading down this Sunday to spend a week. Hopefully the chance of rain next week and moon in our favor will spark some rut activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Ca$ey; 11-27-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

We still have a few bucks chasing does. Seen a lot more mature bucks this week so they are on the move.

Comment

Working...
                                X