Terrell County Hunting 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it out this past weekend...

And it sure was green! The greenest I've seen it at the beginning of August.
    Last edited by SabreKiller; 08-07-2017, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Any new game cam pics? Still 4-5 weeks before I get back out and I'm already daydreaming....

Comment

From the new 2017-2018 book:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not recent ones....

I was out last two weekends ago and pulled the card. The battery had gone dead in May on one camera and something knocked the stand over for the other one and it filled with water and fried it. I was disappointed to say the least. My feeder and camera stand had both been knocked over and I was curious to see what did it. I figured it had to be either the only mule we have on the place or a bear. I took a new stand and fill and set it up. I'm getting too old to stand in the back of the SXS and fill it.

Comment

My FarmLog account shows 1.40" of rain in the 100 acres surrounding my set-up in the last 10 days..... OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's good! I noticed a storm rolled through there last night as well. Pretty sure our lease got some.

Comment

Will be back out next Thursday... EXCITED to see what treasures the game cameras hold!

Comment

- Bucks that Come-n-Go -
                  I have bucks, both muleys and WT that seem to come and go from the feeders. Some are older and some younger. There are those in both age groups that are there every single day and then those that disappear for days or even a couple weeks at a time. Coastal Bend TX hunting seems to be way more consistent, but obviously it's a different world here from Terrell County. Just curious as to your Terrell Co experiences with the same. It makes it more exciting to me actually, because you never know what might walk out while hunting when out in TC....

Comment

I have the same...

sometimes they show up once and never again. At least the mature ones anyway. Young bucks are there like clockwork when the feeder goes off.

Comment

Will be heading west in a couple hours and hopefully filling feeders by daylight.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Is it hot?

Comment

BPS3040 I hunt same area as you do. I hunt just south of the canyon. Our lease is 3500 acres and the canyon runs through the middle. A couple of our guys hunt on the north edge of the canyon.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                                Is it hot?

We were almost done filling the first feeder when the sun came up. We were done with all fills by lunch. Was 91 when we left so it was a good day.

Comment

Working...
                                X