No announcement yet.

NFL charges DOD and Military for tributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God forbid anyone try to run a profitable business...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      God forbid anyone try to run a profitable business...

Evil, Greedy, Capitalist

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
        How about NASCAR? I hope the answer is free....

Lol

And all those stickers on the cars are free too

Comment

The military pays for this advertisement that's made to look like some patriotic salute

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Lol

And all those stickers on the cars are free too
            I don't mind STP, Bass pro, and Advocare! But not the Army!!!!

Comment

Yea it's BS!!! So its a cover up to act like they support them

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                NO. The branches area coming to the NFL and saying "hey, we want to advertise for recruiting, let's negotiate a price". It's not that difficult to grasp. Every single military advertisement/poster you see is paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Evil, Greedy, Capitalist
                  Yeah, exchanging money for goods and services?! OH the horror Comrade!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    NO. The branches area coming to the NFL and saying "hey, we want to advertise for recruiting, let's negotiate a price". It's not that difficult to grasp. Every single military advertisement/poster you see is paid for.
                    That makes sense...sort of.

My problem is it appears to be a show put on for the fans. One would think the NFL was paying the military to do the fly over.

And the negative thinking is because it's taxpayer money..So of course it would be the military paying the NFL.

It's one thing to pay for ad space in the stadium but when they fly over?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

My problem is it appears to be a show put on for the fans. One would think the NFL was paying the military to do the fly over.

And the negative thinking is because it's taxpayer money..So of course it would be the military paying the NFL.
                      I see where you are coming from. My point is, it's the Services that are doing this. It's not like the NFL is railroading the Military. The Military has a service to sell. They advertise to gain recruits. All of these demonstrations/commercials aren't done just so people can yell "F yeah America!". It's no different than Anheuser Busch advertising during the games.

As far as the tax payer money goes, yeah I can see that, but technically that money is being used to build our military. There is far greater tax payer waste to be concerned with that goes on in the DOD.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

It's one thing to pay for ad space in the stadium but when they fly over?
                        Those fly overs get people pumped up. Think about being young and impressionable and seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Let's all get mad before we actually figure out what's going on!!!!

Wait...what?

Comment

Working...
                          X