No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes this is the first day you can get one. If you hunted last year you can do it online as for me I have to show up in person to get a permit. As per a conversation I hade with them you can get a permit even if you didn't turn in a survey this time and only this time.

Comment

Got my permit on line yesterday morning and was close to the 200th permit issued.

Comment

Looks like I got something else to do today, print permits.

Comment

Hey Mike you have anything to do on Saturday, Kenny and I are gonna go scout.

Comment

Is there any good apps for Android to track your steps and show u where u been like a path thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              Hey Mike you have anything to do on Saturday, Kenny and I are gonna go scout.
              I'll let yall do the scout-n. I've done my share over the years. I already know where they are all at.

Thanks for the invite though .

Comment

I tried to get Justin but he's in Oklahoma.

Comment

Looks like very mild winds there Saturday. Temps in the mid 70s to upper 80s. Chance of rain in the afternoon/evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Looks like very mild winds there Saturday. Temps in the mid 70s to upper 80s. Chance of rain in the afternoon/evening.
                    we are going in the morning hehe hope we beat all the rain tho but its all good if we dont lol I wont melt idk about storm tho

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      I'll let yall do the scout-n. I've done my share over the years. I already know where they are all at.

Thanks for the invite though .
                      you could share the the hidden spot I just want 1 lol and it can be a doe ill be happy =)

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                        you could share the the hidden spot I just want 1 lol and it can be a doe ill be happy =)
                        Did I say something about knowing where their at ? My memory is going with age .

Oh, and I better go put my pants on. Or the neighbors might get upset with me outside . Can't believe I forgot to put them on.

Comment

Looks like the W lake has come up about 7" in the last 24 hours. Grandbury is releasing a little over 7200 cfps at the moment. The W lake is still 1.60 feet below norm.

I may have to go hit the Grandbury dam for some stripers and sandies one morning very soon.

Comment

I tried calling the corp office a week ago to ask about camping at Steele Creek Park. Apparently they're waiting on a contractor to finish repairs, but they do intend to open it up at some point.

I hope you fellas have a great season! I lucked out and got drawn elsewhere.

Comment

Good luck over there Kirby! Hope ya get a good-n.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                                we are going in the morning hehe hope we beat all the rain tho but its all good if we dont lol I wont melt idk about storm tho
                                My rears been wet before I'm not going to melt.

Comment

Working...
                                X