Homemade Deer Attractants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Deer Attractants

Does anyone know of any homemade deer attractants or anything just sitting around the house that works good as a deer attractant.

Back when I had a lease (in Louisiana), we used cheap peanut butter (off brand) in the plastic jar. You'll need a tree, 2inch screw, and large fender washer. Use the screw and the large fender washer to hold the plastic lid to the tree about chest high. Then cut the bottom out of the plastic jar and screw it back into the lid so the jar is hanging sideways from on the tree.

You'd be amaized at how long a deer's tongue is when they go to lick that jar clean.

Comment

The best way I've ever found to attract a deer is to not be in the blind. They always seem to go to every blind but the one I'm sittin in. (sorry...i got nothin)

Comment

Ive heard of the peanut butter thing before but never tried it.

Comment

Peanut butter.....apples....and pecans mixed together.... west texas deer aint got a clue what it is... but east texas deer tear it up

Comment

Originally posted by SligginArrows93 View Post
            Peanut butter.....apples....and pecans mixed together....
            Man, that sounds like some pretty good stoner grub!

Comment

I've heard of old apples and cinnamon... never tried it...

Comment

Corn!

Comment

i gather acorns and boil them in a big pot, when the acorns get soft i mash them up and strain the liquid and put that in a squirt bottle!

Comment

ive gathered a bunchh of acorns and im going to put them at my stand this weekend

Comment

Rock salt brown sugar dig a hole a foot deep a foot wide mix the rock salt and brown sugar with the dirt poor 2gal of water makes a nice mineral lick deer loves it.

Comment

I know a guy up in Michigan that mixes 1 part ammonia, 3 parts Dr.Pepper. and 1/2 part Anise Oil. He claims it as the best doe in heat formula he has ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhawk View Post
                          Corn!
                          X2 sometimes add a bit of all grain.

Sorry but i'm going to bring this up. No joke. Have a friend in Illinois that hunts bear in Canada every couple of years. He keeps his wife's used tampons in the freezer and uses them as an attractant. It works but is a bit to strange for me.

Comment

apples work great.........buy em buy the bag and they are cheap

Comment

magic dust:

Rice Bran, Brown Sugar, Strawberry Jello, Cracked Corn

Comment

Working...
                              X