X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a fan of creative sentencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      I might get flamed for this, but that jail time seems a bit much to me. I do think they should have their guns & hunting privledges taken for a long time, possibly longer than the 5 years.
      I won't flame you. But I'll disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        1. HUNTING PROVISIONS VIOLATION 62.013(b) PWC Misdemeanor A 10/07/2017

Events & Orders of the Court
        OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
        12/11/2017 Complaint and Information (OCA)
        12/11/2017 Affidavit for Arrest Warrant
        12/11/2017 Request
        for Summons
        12/11/2017 Summons Issued
        12/11/2017
        Summons

Served 12/13/2017

Returned 12/13/2017
        12/12/2017 Letter of Representation
        12/12/2017 Request Art. 39.14
        12/12/2017 Request Pursuant to Rule 404(b) and 609(f)
        01/22/2018 Arraignment hearing (2:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Waddill, Coby)
        As I heard he pled out on one charge and there are several more possible charges. Is that not correct??

Comment

That deer needed another year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
            As I heard he pled out on one charge and there are several more possible charges. Is that not correct??
            He hasn't been arraigned yet which means he hasn't been formally charged yet, I don't think he can plea out to anything yet but I have minimal knowledge of how these things works. I've never been on the other side of the bars.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              1. HUNTING PROVISIONS VIOLATION 62.013(b) PWC Misdemeanor A 10/07/2017

Events & Orders of the Court
              OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
              12/11/2017 Complaint and Information (OCA)
              12/11/2017 Affidavit for Arrest Warrant
              12/11/2017 Request
              for Summons
              12/11/2017 Summons Issued
              12/11/2017
              Summons

Served 12/13/2017

Returned 12/13/2017
              12/12/2017 Letter of Representation
              12/12/2017 Request Art. 39.14
              12/12/2017 Request Pursuant to Rule 404(b) and 609(f)

01/22/2018 Arraignment hearing (2:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Waddill, Coby)
              Reading between the lines here, this case isn't the slam-dunk "he admitted it and plead out" that many have been saying around here. Looks like he's trying to fight it, at least right now.

Court on January 22? Hmmmm.

Comment

Drinnon Buck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not a fan of how the state is valuing free range deer. I believe the fine for poaching a deer should be the same whether it's a doe or a 300" buck.

Comment

Sentence not hard enough. Take guns and huntin privileges away for life plus jail and restitution.

Comment

Do they allow you to buy a hunting license in Texas without Hunter Education once you are not considered youth?

I know you can buy a temporary hunter ed pass if you are hunting with a hunter ed card holding adult, but wasn't sure if you could just buy that every year or if they only allow it like once.

I could have sworn I heard that Drinnon didn't even have a Texas hunting license so not allowing him to buy one isn't going to change anything for him. He did have an Oklahoma license which was used on the buck.

I actually know that buck quite well. Shame that he went that way.

Comment

IBTL
                        [emoji23][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                          Reading between the lines here, this case isn't the slam-dunk "he admitted it and plead out" that many have been saying around here. Looks like he's trying to fight it, at least right now.

Court on January 22? Hmmmm.
                          That might be about the letter he allegedly signed....

If I'm understanding what that means correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                            Do they allow you to buy a hunting license in Texas without Hunter Education once you are not considered youth?

I believe they do.

Comment

TPWD News Release

Arguably, one of the most bizarre of the three cases involved the biggest buck. Rumors spread like wildfire after photos of a huge 19-point buck surfaced. Game wardens received information suggesting the hunter’s story didn’t add up. On Dec. 16, 2016, the man who killed the big buck, John Walker Drinnon, 34, of Whitesboro, Texas, told game wardens that he killed the 19-pointer on public hunting land in Oklahoma. The wardens had obtained a game camera image of the deer in question, photographed on public hunting land on the Texas side of Lake Texoma, which contradicted Drinnon’s claim.

Working with their counterparts in Oklahoma and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service agents to build a case, game wardens eventually obtained a confession from Drinnon that he had killed the buck in Grayson County from a public roadway with a rifle. Charges were filed against Drinnon for taking a deer without landowner consent (a state jail felony), hunting without landowner consent and hunting from a vehicle (Class A misdemeanors). Drinnon was also issued citations for no hunting license, hunting from the public roadway, no hunter education, and illegal means and methods.

On Oct. 12, Drinnon pled guilty to the felony charge of taking a whitetail deer without landowner consent in 15th District Court in Sherman, Texas. Civil restitution on the deer, which scored 202 B&C, was estimated at $18,048.10.

The second Grayson buck in the press release can't be 271 right?

Comment

There’s the potential for several different charges if half of what I’ve heard is true. Is this just one of many??
                                Guess we’ll see

Comment

Working...
                                X