Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome idea, still just wanna hear how the wood holds up to the heat

Comment

I was thinking of doing something similar but use 1/2" Hardibacker and slate for the top. You wouldn't have to worry about the heat that way.

Looking good!!
      If I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. So, any other opinion must be wrong, therefore stupid.

Comment

I like it. May have to do something similar.

Comment

nice work

Comment

Rudey, There are several out there set up like that with a hardiboard top and broken tile mosaic style tops. You can look at some pretty sweet setups at "the naked whiz" in the galleries.

I think if there is going to be an issue it would be with the 2x4 supports under the table. I will find out today and try to take some pictures. We are grilling steaks so it will be the first test.

Comment

Here is an updated photo run of a small test I did last night, lol. I added a few mods to get it a little more streamlined and easier to use. I added my shelf & hangers for utensils, a door pull to hang the lid, extra hooks for grate/tools and a cap catcher for my opener. I'm using 50# tablet buckets(cleaned of course) that I painted for briquets, lump & lighting supplies.

If you look at the Charcoal Rocket photo, you can see the offset from grill to table. After last night, I have no worries about the table or underside getting hot. The posts on that side got warm but nothing to be concerned with, about the same as being exposed to direct sunlight.

Here are a few pictures, this is the ash catcher reattached.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash Catcher.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	24114194
              The setup ready to go,

Name:	Grill Table Ready.JPG
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	24114195
              Charcoal Rocket, see the offset?

Name:	Charcoal Rocket.JPG
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	24114196
              Cap Catcher, I like these,,,

Name:	Bottle Opener.JPG
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	24114197
              Something to pass the time, Thanks Cameron!!

Name:	Washers.JPG
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	24114198
              Ready to cook,

Name:	Lump Charcoal.JPG
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	24114199
              Almost Done,

Name:	Steaks.JPG
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	24114200

Sorry about the final pictures, once the food is done, I tend to loose focus on picture taking.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions, it was an easy build, neat presentation and all your gear can be in one place. It will sure make things easier.

Comment

My Weber is the Gold...so the ash pan is actually an aluminum pot. I think it will finish out good. Great project. I like it and will do something similar.

JayB

Comment

may I suggest a gal metal bucket for your drippings / ashes ?

Comment

looks good!....may wanna keep it away from the house though...once it sets out in the texas heat for awhile itll be easier to catch on fire

Comment

nice

Comment

Thanks for the idea...

Mike,

I have been looking for something like this for a while and your idea is exactly what I have been trying to find. I hope that you don't mind, but I built one using your design this past weekend. I made a small change to the floor by insetting a piece of slate in the middle for my charcoal chimney. I can dump my red hot coals and immediately put the charcoal chimney on the slate without worrying about the wood floor becoming charred.

Great build and again, thanks for the idea. I'll post pictures of mine as soon as I get it stained. I still have to do the last board across the bottom and also put in the spice rack board.

Comment

sweet

Comment

That is one cool idea!

Comment

That's pretty functional

Comment

I will definately be doing this when i get a yard, did you put something on their to weather proof or is it under neath your porch

Comment

Working...
                                X