Hummingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hummingbird

I have a new to me Hummingbird Alpha Male on the way. Most likely will not see the woods very soon, but hopefully before the season is out.
    I'll update after it gets here and I get to shoot it some.
    Attached Files

I've got a Kingfisher 3 pc recurve and a Kingfisher Elite 3 pc longbow, top notch craftsmanship and good shooters....I'm thinking you're going to like the bow a lot.....Congrats, it's a pretty one.

Comment

Thanks, Hope it shoots as good as I expect it to. :-D

Comment

That's a nice looking stick! Have fun with her.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good looking stick. I never saw a Hummingbird that wasn't a shooter.

Comment

I came home from work and had a Great surprise. My turkey feathers were back all nice and ground and the Hummingbird was waiting on me. It scales 45 @ 28 on my scale, so just a few pounds lighter then expected, BUT I am getting more arrow in the target then I am with my 50# takedown, so no worries. This is a 20 yard group this evening. Smooth, Sweet, and oh yeah- Extremly nice in the hand.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks very good.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

The arrows are 500 spine GT blems. with 100 grain brass and 145 tips, cut to 29"
                I will try some other set-ups with her when more time allows.
                I had not had the pleasure of these bows until this one. Ben Graham made a FINE bow.
                DRT, Thank You. :-D

Comment

Very nice looking bow. Congrats!

Comment

The bow has 50#@28" written on it, and it only scales 45#@28"???

I would be checking my scale for accuracy, and it it was on, would be talking to the bowyer. If he missed that far, that's not good. Heck, there may be some problem with his scale that he is unaware of???

Very nice looking stick either way!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      The bow has 50#@28" written on it, and it only scales 45#@28"???

I would be checking my scale for accuracy, and it it was on, would be talking to the bowyer. If he missed that far, that's not good. Heck, there may be some problem with his scale that he is unaware of???

Very nice looking stick either way!

Bisch

Ben passed away in November 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                        Ben passed away in November 2016.

Oops! Did not know that! I thought this was a new bow.

RIP!!!!

Bisch

Comment

That's a fine bow. I have several and mistakenly sold another I used to own. I've never seen one that was not the weight as labeled. Might check your scale or look at those limbs for signs they've been reduced. At any rate, I'm sure it's a fine shooter.
                          Ben Graham was a fine fellow and an excellent bowyer. RIP

Comment

I use a grain scale and pull down to draw length after zero the weight with the bow hung. It measures a 25# dumbell as 25#'s. I do realize there may be some discrepancy to the way the scale measures weight and what I am trying to get it to do, but I get an accurate weight on my compound when done this way.
                            I see no signs of reduced weight on the limbs,not saying it did not happen, but?? The overall feel of the draw weight is lighter then the other takedown I have, but seems to deliver more punch as I do get more target penetration.
                            And Phillip is correct, Ben passed away November of 2016 but his bows are still our there if you look around. This one shoots really nice, I am thinking about taking it opening weekend. This is my first Hummingbird bow, but after all the reviews I have read on them, I knew it was going to be good.

Comment

Thought I should share a little afternoon shooting. It's lighter then I wanted, but man this bow really is sweet to shoot. The first pic was a 15 yard nail puncher, The second pic was my first 30 yard shot. Now if I can just get it a little quieter.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X