best new mathews bow????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
    DXT is a killer. Bought mine in 08 and have not had a justified reason to get a new bow since.
    Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      They haven't had a "best bow" since the Switchback. Doubt they ever will.
      I had the Switchback, Drenalin, Z7 and now the HTR. The Switchback was my favorite until now. This is my second year with the HTR and I've never enjoyed shoot a bow so much. I target shoot well over 200 days a year and hunt a lot. Like anything else there is personal preference involved.

Comment

Z7 or z7 xtreme

Comment

I was a Mathews " fan boy" for a very long time. The last one of the good ones ended after the reezen. I never thought I would shoot another brand, just about got a tattoo. But just don't like the new ones. Hopefully something will change this November, but I doubt it. I will be up at midnight to see them just as I have done for many years.

Comment

Htr!

Comment

I can't disagree with this. Bowtech and Hoyt have been much more progressive than Mathews in the past 10 years. I think Mat got complacent bored, and moved on to other things. At least, that's how it appears to me. And I own a Mathews.

If they didn't pay out as much as they do to "pro staff" I doubt any of the top shooters would be using them. Hoyt is a better target bow, and there are several better brands for 3D

Comment

HTR is my favorite.

Comment

That Monster Wake is heavy, 5.4 lbs!!!

Comment

liked my triumph, had a helim then creed. now have a chillx. i love it. got an indoor bow...TRG8. wow. smooth. if I didnt use the chillx for 3d, I would buy a htr in a second.

Comment

I love my HTR super quiet not the fastest bow and also very smoothe. I love and it is more accurate than I am

Comment

Z7 Extreme and love it. Shot the No Cam a few months back and I was very impressed. But has a hellacious sticker shock. Owned a Switchback and sold it.

Comment

I have the Switchback XT and really like it.

Comment

I bought a Z2 this year(basically a relabeled z7). I came from an older PSE. I really like my new bow, but it is pretty heavy. I always wanted a Mathews and I am not a hardcore bowhunter so the Z2 is slower and heavy but I am happy with my purchase. I was trying to keep my budget low and it seemed more forgiving than the others

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                              DXT is a killer. Bought mine in 08 and have not had a justified reason to get a new bow since.
                              X2! I was thinking about handing down mine to my son and getting a new one. Think I would rather just get him a new one and keep my DXT

Comment

I've tried several but I always just keep going back to my Switchback XT. It's killed a big pile of deer since '07 and it ain't slowing down!

Comment

Working...
                                X