• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible news....prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Dang terrible.

There needs to be a more vocal public push to just hit the animals square on and not swerve to miss.
      I saw / read the results of a study a few years ago stating that it is the swerve that causes entirely more deaths and damage than just hitting the animal square on.
      That is understandable but it is in our nature to avoid things that will harm us.

Comment

Hitting hogs

Had a buddy that spent 6 weeks in ICU after hitting a herd of pigs in West Texas, was lucky to survive and it was the hogs that did the damage to his car, not swerving to avoid them.

Comment

The driver of the other vehicle was an off duty Border Patrol Agent. Prayers for all families that were involved.

Comment

Prayers Up

Comment

I don't want to take away from tragedy that the families involved have suffered but I will tell my story. Early this spring, my wife, BIL and I were coming back from a wedding in Brownwood. I had the cruise set on 75 as we were driving home that night . All of a sudden I saw a hog in the middle of our lane. I remember yelling hog then Bam we hit it. I honestly don't remember if I hit the brake to take the car out of cruise control or not, but I know we didn't have time to slow down any. I braced against the steering wheel as we hit the hog. Luckily, I had absolutely no time to even think about swerving. We hit it dead center of the car. I could feel it rolling over and over under the car as I tried to keep the car going straight down the road. When the hog finally rolled out from under the car I was able to guide the car to the side of the road and stop. I believe that the good Lord was with us. If I would have hit that hog anywhere but dead center, we would have flipped and probably killed one or all of us, especially at the speed we were going when we hit it. Left or right any at all and one of the wheels would have been lifted off the road and things would have been tragic. Plus, the fact that I had no time to swerve was just as important. I know not to avoid hitting an animal but instinct takes over and you don't know what could have happened. I was shook up for a long time that night and I still have a hard time driving at night on that particular road. By the way, the car was a Ford Escape. Over $5000 worth of damages. We were extremely lucky.

Comment

Those b a s t a r d s are causing a lot of damages, I work for a INS co. and the hits are being reported a lot more than deer or even livestock now a days...

Prayers for the families involved, and to you H.C. it definitely will take time to get over that for sure..

side note: we totaled a Tesla in s/a because of a ferel hog..

Comment

Prayers for all What a tragedy

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                    Very tragic, prayers for all family's involved. Seen three hogs layed out in the road the other morning I left my place I thought that could be bad, they were all at least 100 pounders, it was very foggy that morning as well everyone be careful out there.

Was that on Sulphur Springs Rd. (3432) between loop 1604 and 775? I saw something like that and thought to myself, wow I wonder what did that. THat had to really wreck something.

Comment

Heartbreaking! Prayers sent for the families!!

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Very sad, prayers sent to the families.

Comment

Terrible news prayers to the families

Comment

Prayers up for the families.

Comment

One of the deceased was a US Border Patrol Agent. Sad deal, looks like vehicles were on fire.

Last edited by CrookedArrow; 12-28-2017, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X