No announcement yet.

LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be headed back to pat mayse for opening day chaseing a big 10pt.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by XBOW STALKER View Post
        Best of luck.
        thank you sir

Comment

I might give it a go this weekend. Undecided. Wish the temps were more favorable.

Comment

Originally posted by JB3 View Post
            I might give it a go this weekend. Undecided. Wish the temps were more favorable.
            good luck to the rest of yall as well.

Comment

Originally posted by XBOW STALKER View Post
              I may give it a go...
              Am I seeing that does are only to be takin thanksgiving only this year?
              Yep. That's what the Outdoor Annual is sayin.
              Last time I checked (about a month ago), I swore, antlerless was legal during archery season. But not now; not on USFS land. I'm glad you mentioned it.

Comment

WISE (DECATUR)
                Special Antler Restrictions: see pg. 60.
                WT DEER—Archery Season: Sept. 30-Nov. 3; General
                Season: Nov. 4-Jan. 7; Special Late Season: Jan. 8-21.
                Bag limit: 4 (2 bucks and 2 antlerless, all seasons
                combined). On USFS land, antlerless may be taken without a permit,
                but only during archery and youth-only seasons and from Nov. 23-26.
                The USFS no longer issues permits.

Comment

so we can take does.

Comment

I was looking online earlier when I mentioned that. I went and found my hard copy that I got when I replaced my expired license. The hard copy will go in my backpack. It says during archery as well as over Thanksgiving...

Comment

Yep, does during archery season and then again the week of Thanksgiving.

Comment

So, I see the same thing you guys are seeing in the paper publication: antlerless is legal during archery season. But, if you look at the same publication, Texas Outdoor Annual, which is available as an app from Google Play - go to Wise County and this is the text...
                        "Anlerless Deer:
                        On USFS lands, the take of antlerless deer is prohibited except from Thanksgiving Day
                        through the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving Day. Nov. 23-26."

For whatever reason, I can't post a screenshot of that page from the Outdoor Annual. Perhaps I'm too new to the forum or just can't figure out how. But if someone will download the app and confirm what I'm seeing. It is the 2017 - 2018 version that I'm looking at. Now, with that said, I would swear that this paragraph that I quoted above, was not in that app 3 weeks ago. Three weeks ago, after studying the information, I came to the conclusion that antlerless deer are legal during archery season. Now, I see this paragraph, that I don't think was there 3 weeks ago, saying the opposite. We need to get a straight answer before Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by JB3 View Post
                          So, I see the same thing you guys are seeing in the paper publication: antlerless is legal during archery season. But, if you look at the same publication, Texas Outdoor Annual, which is available as an app from Google Play - go to Wise County and this is the text...
                          "Anlerless Deer:
                          On USFS lands, the take of antlerless deer is prohibited except from Thanksgiving Day
                          through the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving Day. Nov. 23-26."

For whatever reason, I can't post a screenshot of that page from the Outdoor Annual. Perhaps I'm too new to the forum or just can't figure out how. But if someone will download the app and confirm what I'm seeing. It is the 2017 - 2018 version that I'm looking at. Now, with that said, I would swear that this paragraph that I quoted above, was not in that app 3 weeks ago. Three weeks ago, after studying the information, I came to the conclusion that antlerless deer are legal during archery season. Now, I see this paragraph, that I don't think was there 3 weeks ago, saying the opposite. We need to get a straight answer before Saturday morning.

Save the .pdf on your phone:

Comment

I have it saved jbowman. But there's still a question about which one is correct - The Outdoor Annual Publication or the Outdoor Annual phone app. I called the LBJ District Office just a few minutes ago and they are aware of the conflict that exist between the publication and the app, but even they are struggling to get a straight answer and could only advise that I contact the TPWD. So that's what I'll do. Will update later.

Comment

Ok guys. Here is a summary of what's going on?
                              There are 4 sources of information that we get our hunting and fishing regs from
                              1. The print version (pamphlet) of the Texas Outdoor Annual
                              2. The .pdf version of the Texas Outdoor Annual
                              3. The phone app version of the Texas Outdoor Annual, available from Google Play
                              4. The TPWD website
                              #'s 1 and 2 say this: IT IS LEGAL TO TAKE A DOE ON USFS LAND IN WISE COUNTY DURING ARCHERY SEASON
                              #'s 3 AND 4 say this: IT IT ILLEGAL TO TAKE A DOE ON USFS LAND IN WISE COUNTY DURING ARCHERY SEASON

These sources are in conflict with one another! So which one is correct? According to the wildlife biologist at the LBJ field office in Decatur, #1 and 2 are correct. The Print Version and the .pdf version are correct. IT IS LEGAL TO HARVEST ANTLERLESS DEER DURING ARCHERY SEASON ON USFS LAND.

Why does this conflict exist? Basically, someone in the programming department made a mistake. Someone made an entry to the phone app (#3) and the TPWD website (#4) that is in error. These errors are supposed to be corrected by tomorrow afternoon so that all 4 sources of information match.

All doe be warned - you are fair game come sunrise Saturday morning.
                              Happy hunting guys.

Comment

Good luck out there this year guys, I don't live too far away from there if anyone needs any help, anytime just give me a shout. I had a bad time out there last year, fell from a ladder stand when I was trying to move it and tore my knee up pretty bad, and I was alone...

Comment

Working...
                                X