No announcement yet.

Reckon This One Will Sniff The Gulf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the latest GFS run has it hitting around the Texas/La border. Models keep moving farther and farther west. If still on this track tomorrow and I had property in flood prone areas of the upper Texas cost, I'd be getting things to a safe place. The winds shouldn't be too bad with this system but heavy rains and flood tides could cause a lot of problems in coastal areas.

Comment

Another thing of interest is talk of this thing splitting into two areas of low pressure. If you look closely at the satellite imagery 1369 posted, you can see two vorticies starting to spin up. One over the Yucatan and one in the trough to the North in the GOM. Weird, disorganized system right now.

Comment

Looks like it's becoming organized

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
          Another thing of interest is talk of this thing splitting into two areas of low pressure. If you look closely at the satellite imagery 1369 posted, you can see two vorticies starting to spin up. One over the Yucatan and one in the trough to the North in the GOM. Weird, disorganized system right now.
          Yah I noticed that earlier

Comment

Looks like one of them has picked up a name.

Comment

NHC Going to start posting advisories for 93L, as Potential Tropical Cylcone #3.. new thing for this year to allow them to post warnings when an undesignated system is threatening land within 48 hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Houston news just updated with it going east of Houston or west of Lafayette with a Wednesday landfall w/ 45 mph winds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kinda surprised how far to the east they put, but they are the best for a reason. This area would get nothing but clear skies, and heat if that track verifies. Feel bad for the people of South LA who just went through the horrible flooding less than a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                    Kinda surprised how far to the east they put, but they are the best for a reason. This area would get nothing but clear skies, and heat if that track verifies. Feel bad for the people of South LA who just went through the horrible flooding less than a year ago.

My mom and siblings live down there and they have been getting rain every day for weeks already. My mom was able to mow the grass twice in the last month. Most times, its required twice a week. So its already pretty wet and in a low lying area.
                    Its going to be rough for them even if it does shift west

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                      Looks like one of them has picked up a name.

Definitely need to keep an eye on Bret as well. Could very well follow the same path as 93L. It has a lot of shear to navigate through in the Caribbean, though.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
                        Come on Johnny update us please
                        Poor lol ole Johnny is living it up in a beach house out on the west end, I dont think he has anything on his mind except fish right now!! [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

93L is being sheared in the upper levels, shear is gonna have to back off if this thing has a chance of wrapping up. If all the moisture to the east being sheared off could wrap up and start firing some good convection we could possibly have a real storm on our hands. Conditions just don't look good for this to intensify much more than a very very minimal tropical storm if it actually closes off and gets to that point. The models have all seemed to close in on a pretty decent agreement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                            I was thinking the same thing - you can see some Tangential wind patterns that make this a little tricky to read.

Comment

Just came across my alerts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

So Louisiana is gonna get this one?

Comment

Working...
                                X