No announcement yet.

help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wes when will the new boxes be available? Might have to try this... each tv needs a box and wifi works to get them to the internet box correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
      Wes when will the new boxes be available? Might have to try this... each tv needs a box and wifi works to get them to the internet box correct?
      ive had them in a while. I have 3 left right now. yes they do wifi. they are $100 each tyd

Comment

Tagged, might be interested in learning more from you wes

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

We have a half dozen now and must admit, they are awesome! I stream 90% of the time through one of his box builds and the max data we have ran in the past few moths is 50G and that includes my wife's internet classes!

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Comment

Tagged

Comment

We canceled Netflix but recently added "Sling TV" to complement Kodi. Anything that we could find on Netflix we could find with Kodi. However, there were times we still wanted the convenience of watching a few cable channels. For $20/month we get 30 streaming HD channels (History, FS1, CNN, DIY, HGTV, + more). For anyone interested in this I'd suggest checking it out, they currently have a 7 day free trial.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                  We canceled Netflix but recently added "Sling TV" to complement Kodi. Anything that we could find on Netflix we could find with Kodi. However, there were times we still wanted the convenience of watching a few cable channels. For $20/month we get 30 streaming HD channels (History, FS1, CNN, DIY, HGTV, + more). For anyone interested in this I'd suggest checking it out, they currently have a 7 day free trial.
                  I'm thinking about doing something similar. The Playstation Vue service looks really good to me since I watch a lot of sports. All ESPN channels, FS1, FS2, Golf Channel, NBCSN, Longhorn Network, Fox Regionals and SECN are all available on the mid-tier package for $35/mo with no contracts. I think that is for up to 5 devices streaming at one time and it has a Cloud DVR. I'm going to do the 7 day free trial soon before making the jump.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                    You can watch those same channels you listed for free through kodi. If your doing it just because you want to watch live tv, check out the phoenix tv add on. Or if your just wanting to watch those channels in general, again you can use phoenix tv, exodus (i like better than phoenix), 1channel, or you can just flat out add each individual channel (ie food network, hgtv, diy, etc..). I guess it's all in what you want. Phoenix has allot of sports channels too. I'm not a sports guy, so i can't tell you if they're worth anything or not, but there's about 20-30 sports channels on there.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                      You can watch those same channels you listed for free through kodi. If your doing it just because you want to watch live tv, check out the phoenix tv add on. Or if your just wanting to watch those channels in general, again you can use phoenix tv, exodus (i like better than phoenix), 1channel, or you can just flat out add each individual channel (ie food network, hgtv, diy, etc..). I guess it's all in what you want. Phoenix has allot of sports channels too. I'm not a sports guy, so i can't tell you if they're worth anything or not, but there's about 20-30 sports channels on there.
                      This. I did the free trial for Sling and found realized it would be a waste of money when I'm already running Kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                        This. I did the free trial for Sling and found realized it would be a waste of money when I'm already running Kodi.

I've watched those channels on Kodi. They aren't bad, but I don't like the occasional buffering and the sub par quality. For me, spending a whopping total of $20 really isn't bad for the convenience.

Comment

everyone watches tv/content differently and like different things. it doesn't matter if you use on demand content or like it live. if you find something that works for you and yours and you save a butt load of money vs being tied in to a cable /sat company then you are doing pretty good.

I think within 5 years tv as we know it will all be some sort of streaming. hulu recently announced it will offer live tv streaming for some channels as well. they all know its coming and are looking for ways to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                            everyone watches tv/content differently and like different things. it doesn't matter if you use on demand content or like it live. if you find something that works for you and yours and you save a butt load of money vs being tied in to a cable /sat company then you are doing pretty good.

I think within 5 years tv as we know it will all be some sort of streaming. hulu recently announced it will offer live tv streaming for some channels as well. they all know its coming and are looking for ways to get it done.
                            Probably so which makes me wonder about those of us that are out in the country. Line of sight internet will not get it done. I could see a possible Direc/Dish merger to cover those out of cable/hsd range. The cable boys will be around due to HSD for streaming and commercial HSD/Phone.

Comment

Tagging

Comment

I have a Google chromecast, and Netflix. I just downloaded kodi, but it is confusing to me. What else do I need to get to make this work. What else do I need?

Comment

Working...
                                X