A gift of bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gift of bows

So not too long ago, I won a drawing for a kids bow on TG. I was really excited, because the boys (I have 5yo twins) have been shooting little fiberglass Wal-Mart bows for almost 2 years now, and they've been starting to ask when they were going to get a "real" bow like daddy's. What we recieved was a beautiful 48" longbow, black glass on the back, and a hickory belly. Had a nice little pistol grip on it too. Right away, I contacted the man that made the bow, and ordered another so the twins wouldn't have to share. I got a call about a week later, and the man said that he wasn't happy with how his hickory was behaving, and that he had made us two new matching bows, with glass on the back and belly. The only stipulation was that he had a new winner for the first bow, and I had to ship it to him. My wife is a photographer, and she did a big write up on the first bow on her blog (CLICK HERE). Well a couple of weeks ago, that special man called me up and said,"Hey, I got a lot of calls from those pictures your wife took, and I saw a real little guy on that blog, and was wondering if he'd like to model a new 36" bow I'm trying to build?" WELL HECK YEAH HE WOULD! So here's the pics with all the new bows. Mr. Chrestman's info is included on this blog... CLICK HERE

Awesome stuff. What a great story, and the pictures are incredible.

Comment

very cool, and your wife takes a very good pic... well done ya'll

Comment

You are a very lucky man Jeremy.

Your wife is a GREAT photographer and an even better writer.

Those "little Indians" of yours are awesome boys. We met them at Paris last January.

Comment

Sweet! Three little hunters in the making. BOWhunters at that!

Comment

Great story and what a cool fellow. Those are some great looking bows and pictures!!! It seems that I can never get a good picture of a horse, dog or a BOW...

Comment

Wow, that is pretty cool!!! Those some cool looking bow and your wife takes awesome pictures as well.

Comment

Great story Great pictures I love seeing kids shooting bows. Thats awesome

Comment

Great story and congratulations to your boys.

Comment

That is some neat stuff right there!

Congrats on what looks likea great family who has a bunch of new bows,

Bisch

Comment

Love it. Looks like you are doing a great job dad.

Comment

very nice right there,

Comment

That's awesome Jeremy, looks like they're really enjoying them. I'm sure it's great to have all three of them loving trad so much.
                          B

Comment

Great story and even better pics congrats on having such great looking boys!

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X