PEC Cost to set poles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PEC Cost to set poles

Have any of you on the GS had new service brought onto property by PEC? If so what was the distance, number of poles and cost per pole? We are looking at a piece of property and PEC won’t give an estimate till we own the property, so I’m having to have to land owner get with PEC to get an estimate. This requires an application and membership fee and such, plus a 4-6 day waiting period for the engineer to come out and look at the area.

Thanks

We had them come out and give us an estimate to move our transformer pole 150’ - $5200 We declined and planted a tree in front of the pole to hide it.

Called them again to drop a pole in for our barn - $3500. It was cheaper for me to buy 4/0 wire and run 150’ underground myself.

PEC has gotten expensive!

Comment

Poles alone are around 2k, depending on height, and that includes installation. Add conductor, xfmr's, insulators, etc and it gets up there. If it is to serve a home you get a 2k credit however. What PEC district do you live in? Feel free to pm me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh liberty hill gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by yotaman View Post
          Poles alone are around 2k, depending on height, and that includes installation. Add conductor, xfmr's, insulators, etc and it gets up there. If it is to serve a home you get a 2k credit however. What PEC district do you live in? Feel free to pm me

PM sent....thanks.

Comment

Way cheaper to trench and run underground if it is 100 yards or so. If more poles will be probably be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              Way cheaper to trench and run underground if it is 100 yards or so. If more poles will be probably be cheaper.
              It could be 824ft if they take it from the street or about 300ft if they take it from an existing mainline pole feeding the front property.

Comment

Just had pec install power to property we bought in burnet. 8800$ for 4 poles and a transformer. This was only about 1000’. They will not break down bid per ft, only give you a bid to get you power. The engineer at the Bertram office is hard to deal with.... lost my paperwork, and took about 8 weeks to receive bid. Took about 2 weeks to install after we cut them a check! Good luck is all I have to say!

Comment

Originally posted by NickGoad View Post
                  Just had pec install power to property we bought in burnet. 8800$ for 4 poles and a transformer. This was only about 1000’. They will not break down bid per ft, only give you a bid to get you power. The engineer at the Bertram office is hard to deal with.... lost my paperwork, and took about 8 weeks to receive bid. Took about 2 weeks to install after we cut them a check! Good luck is all I have to say!
                  Thanks, I've heard they can be a bit hard to get along with.

Comment

Working...
                  X