No announcement yet.

GRXH 2017 Recap - BEER RUN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it gets too extreme so you have to take time for cucumber and green tea wipes to get off all that extreme.

Comment

Great shots Stinkbelly! And thanks for breakfast on Saturday!

My Top Ten from GRXH 2017:
      10. What happens at GRXH...well, goes all over the internet!
      9. Heli hunt shmeli hunt, Rangers can kill pigs anytime!
      8. Don't let the forecast scare you; 40% chance of rain on Sunday scared everyone out of camp by 0800!
      7. Broke boats suck; they just don't suck fuel.
      6. B double E double R UN!
      5. Vodka and teenagers; there isn't much that is more fun than that combination!
      4. Sackett was sorely missed, cooking is a lot of work.
      3. Hammocks rule, tents drool.
      2. It takes a village, a village of idiots maybe, but still a village.
      1. Always help a friend in need, because one day you will be that friend in need!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
        I see some pretty ladies there, when did it stop being a boyz club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Women have always been welcome; they just have to be able to handle the shenanigans.

We had five women at GRXH last year!

Comment

Top 10 lessons from GRXH 2017-

10- If you plan on leaving work early to make it to GRXH tell your boss to etadik if he tries to make you stay late.
          9- Granger pigs are sneaky, FAST, and SMART!!!!
          8- Gaiters are worth their weight in gold slogging through Granger mud.
          7- The Comanche Bluff Trail shortcut rocks...
          6- Dragging a cart through that same trail seems like an awesome idea but it is not.
          5- Never, at any point, not have an arrow nocked and ready to go. See lesson #9
          4- "Clean the butter out the gutter" - Sneaky
          3- Granger Rangers are a generous bunch, always pay back and pay forward their kindness
          2- Bring a lighter tent
          1- GRXH rocks. Be there. Every year.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              How do you guys always end up with a piglet? Run and arrow thru momma I guess?

They were everywhere...

Comment

Top 10 lessons from GRXH 2017-

10- Bring a friend, they'll talk about it forever and be hooked on coming back
                9- There's always a newbie that gets Wildman's "spot", don't be that newbie
                8- There's always some work that needs to be done in camp
                7- Shane and Brandon can't harmonize
                6- There's people walking everywhere, so just go find a spot and sit, something will happen
                5- When you see pigs, don't run after them, because there will be more coming through RIGHT WHERE YOU WERE SITTING!!!!
                4- THIS -> Never, at any point, not have an arrow nocked and ready to go
                3- Granger pigs have two speeds, dead and sprinting
                2- Hammock camping is other worldly!!!
                1- GRXH, the H stands for "Hunt", "Heat", and "Hammocks"

Comment

This could be the GRXH Theme song

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UsjjKVCPhY"]Yes (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
                    I see some pretty ladies there, when did it stop being a boyz club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Oh fear not! For it is still a manfest.

Comment

Originally posted by TexRN View Post
                      Oh fear not! For it is still a manfest.
                      it makes being around all those ugly mugs much more bearable with the ladies around. plus, they work harder than those lazy guys and get things done!!!!

Comment

looks like another great hunt.

Comment

GRXH 2017 has been posted in the GRXH Legacy thread:

GRXH Legacy Thread

Comment

What a weekend! It was a great time as always seeing old friends and making new ones. It seemed like we had a pretty good crop of newbies this year and I think most of them really had a good time. There were a couple I wasn’t too sure of. BTW – Can anyone confirm or deny that the newbie that slept in Wildman’s spot on Friday Night moved spots or left on Saturday? I know Wildman had a talk with him and we warned him about the possibility of “something falling in his drink” and being “taken advantage of”. Next thing you know he was gone. This is where I will start my top 10 things I learned at GRXH 2017 –

10) Thick skin and a sense of humor are minimum requirements for any and all GRXH related activities
                            9) Preston is full of crap, Brandon and I sing like angles, you just need to be on beer 6-12 to appreciate our talents
                            8) Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings are awesome at this event, if you can make it
                            7) A direct shot to the bunghole is very lethal
                            6) Koonce brothers can bring it with the fishing poles and jug lines. Just don’t shoot one of them in the face with a roman candle……….Txpepper………..SMH!
                            5) TJ has rope swinging skills you would expect from someone half his age
                            4) Mild weather = lots of grub
                            3) Wildman does not like to be flipped off
                            2) Brandon likes to get drunk and sleep with pigs. He must have been sober the night he met yogapants
                            1) 3 kegs is the magic number for GRXH!
                            Last edited by Birddog66; 02-20-2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I thought there the Roman candle was going to lead to a bout of fisticuffs...

Comment

I'll tell you this. The crescent pond is a lovely place to puke up hog juice on a beautiful Saturday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X