No announcement yet.

How does the 6.5 Grendel and Creedmoor compare and recoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard is it to install adj gas block?

Comment

Thanks for the info gentleman. Bigthicket I did not mean to hijack your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
        Not hard. But very important to do correctly, otherwise the gas system won’t function correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
          I found an air compressor helps. I put the bolt in place and move the gas block until with the air compressor pressureing the barrel I can hear the gas moving out the gas tube.

It is not hard. If you can change a part out on your car.......you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Mine does too. I have not started tracking down the solution but need to.
            As does mine and it ejects forward and or arond 1 oclock.

I have only shot mine suppressed so i assume its over gassed and the adjustable gas block will help me and tame my recoil and allow my sons to enjoy it like they do my .223

Comment

Grendel...

Mine in the 6.5 Grendel, AR platform....minimal recoil even for my dang shoulders. Shooting the Hornady sst...oh, only fired it once this season and here's the result. Love it.....just over 120 yards, heart/lung...buck ran about 30 yards and DRT! Also have the 6.5CM and more recoil..bolt action Savage.

Entry wound was on Buck's left side, so you can see NOT a big blow out on the exit. Heart was mush with very good expansion.
              Attached Files

Comment

Other than recoil, what's difference between Creedmoor and Grendel

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                  Sorry, I too am learning the lingo, but I meant a heavier buffer, not tube. When I switched from a H1 buffer to a H2, that helped the recoil out. My Grendel is kinda on the heavier side. I too am having issues with my build, and will continue to fiddle with it. Mine jams and/or fails to load, and is frustrating at times.
                  not sure if you tried this or not...

if you load one cartridge in the magazine and shoot it, and the bolt does not lock back. try it again with the lighter buffer and see if it locks back.

i have not had luck with heavy buffers on mid length or rifle length gas tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                    I found an air compressor helps. I put the bolt in place and move the gas block until with the air compressor pressureing the barrel I can hear the gas moving out the gas tube.
                    That's a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                      AR-15 platform vs AR-10 platform. 6.5 cm packs more powder and more velocity.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                        This picture gives you a pretty good idea. Grendel is the short one.

Edit: The picture I uploaded was the Grendel vs the 308 But the Creedmoor Brass is very similar from what I understand to a 308 size wise.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Fordnandez; 12-18-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                          This picture gives you a pretty good idea. Grendel is the short one.

Edit: The picture I uploaded was the Grendel vs the 308 But the Creedmoor Brass is very similar from what I understand to a 308 size wise.

Here’s a smattering of the more popular 6.5 cartridges:

Left to right

6.5 Grendel
                          6.5x47 Lapua
                          260 Remington
                          6.5-284 Norma
                          6.5-300 Weatherby.

Here’s a comparison between the 6.5 CM and the 260 Remington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            243 vs 300mag
                            Ha ha ha

Comment

My 8 year old grandson loves my Grendel!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X