Somerville WMA 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
    Me and the wife and a friend are. Slow morning other than pigs. Opening weekend crowd is gone thank god.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I hunted yesterday evening. Not a DARN thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted thurs saw nothing and walked up on pigs about 20yrds out leaving stand scared the crap out of me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't see any deer yesterday. Had 5 hogs come to 5 yards, but couldn't draw in my new blind and they skirted me when my elbow brushed the back. Evening hunt was ruined by 6 pushers that got there at 6pm. Went way deep this morning to get away from the crowd.

Comment

I should have used better judgment and not huntthis weekend. Friday evening not a thing this morning so far the same thing. Gonna sit for awhile and see if I can’t catch something slipping. [emoji1303]

Comment

To the guy who once again walked up on me thanks for ruining my hunt and almost being shot and wear your dang orange!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by GD47; 10-08-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
              ****, how high up are you?

Too ******* high for me! I got lightheaded looking at the pic.

Comment

I didn't make it out there this week. The **** hit the fan at work, and it turned into a very busy week. Oh well, hunting doesn't pay the bills, so I really didn't have a choice.

With the heat, the full moon and increasing acorns it doesn't sound like I missed out on much other than just being in the woods. Hopefully, we get a couple of nice cold-fronts before long.

Good luck out there folks.

Comment

Nope ya didn't miss anything at all beside heat....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

going to hunt to the new stand location Thursday hopefully with the cold front coming through I will be able to see one

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
                      going to hunt to the new stand location Thursday hopefully with the cold front coming through I will be able to see one

If you want to hunt the front you have tomorrow and starting Wed we’re back to summer temps.

Comment

ya I just seen that when I checked the weather. sucks I cannot hunt Tuesday or Wednesday this week

Comment

I'll be there Friday!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

hunted all day yesterday. morning hunt seen nothing but tree rats. the afternoon hunt I got winded from behind me never did see the deer thought due to being in a pop up blind. never did see another soul out there not even another car parked.

Comment

Hello y'all, so it turns out that Somerville WMA isn't as far from where I live as I thought and I'm thinking about making the trek out there sometime soon. I have 2 questions though:

1. Do you have to be drawn in order to hunt deer? The TPWD public hunting annual book thing doesn't say anything about it, but from what I gather it looks as though it's allowed.

2. Regarding the 400 inches of hunter's orange, do you just go there rocking something like the following image, but draw some leaves or something on there with a sharpie? .

Sorry for the noob questions, where I hunt the regulations are different, like you only need an orange vest and a cap, and deer hunting is by getting drawn only.

Comment

Read your book!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X