• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cap50948 View Post
    Isn't the real name FIAT Dodge Ram now?
    Not for a 1999 year model.

DJ

Comment

My '05 1500 4x4 is still going strong with 203k miles on it...no transmission or engine problems. And yes, the dash remains uncracked (can't say the same for the windshield ). I've kept regular maintenance on it and its been a great truck since day 1 with very few minor problems.

Comment

I had a '04 3/4-ton with a 5.7L HEMI for 8 years and put 309,000 miles on it. Spent less than $2K keeping it on the road all those years. Had a '12 with 6.7L Cummins and similar results. That being said, Dodge has never put a decent front end under their trucks and your power door lock actuators will go out.

I miss both those trucks.

Comment

I guess I have been lucky for the last 750k miles I have put on Dodge and Ram 4x4's since I bought the first new one in 94.

Comment

I had 2003 1500. Was a good truck. Would still have it if we didn't need a towable for the motorhome.

Comment

1999 is a good year for ram. Had one with 160k on it, a 4x4, and I traded it in to buy my wife a Yukon. All trucks last if you treat them right, except ford, Ford sucks, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a 99....went through 2 tranny's before 150k or so. Also blew a head gasket around 100k
                Had an 04 that ate tranny's early as well. (Like 70k early) Switched to Chevy and my 07 has 160 without the motor/tranny beng touched so far

I did but both dodges used though with about 50k on them and unsure how they were taken care of before I owned them

My old job used dodges diesels and they were driven all over, out of state weekly long haul etc and they were great
                Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 05-02-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Engine size?

Comment

Bought a 99 dodge 1500 quad cab 4X4 5.9 and put about 225,000 on it and then sold it to my brothers kid. He drove it another 75,000 before he sold. Had only some minor problems. Tranny was still good. It was a darn good truck and that is why I bought a 2005 dodge 1500 4 door 4X4 5.7 hemi and still have the 2005 because I don't drive near as much now and only have 118,000 on it. Only real problems I've had with this one is the front end but it's not the trucks fault since our ranch roads tear any trucks front end up. I always buy dash covers a seat covers so never had a problem with dashes cracking. Will probably by another.

Comment

I'd buy it depending on price.

Comment

Not exactly the same, but I had a 2000 QC Dakota with a 5.9. One of the exhaust manifolds cracked around 130K, transmission started having serious issues about 160K. That's when I traded it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cracked dash? Must be a Chevy then!

Comment

Working...
                          X