No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myself and another member of our ranch crossed 12 guns back two years ago. (Only 4 of them being ours) make sure you have the proper paperwork and you will be fine.

Comment

Well just got back from ranch hot and dry FarmLogs shows pretty much what the terrain shows...DRY we need A LOT of rain!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Well just got back from ranch hot and dry FarmLogs shows pretty much what the terrain shows...DRY we need A LOT of rain!

Any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys didn't get any of that rain a few weeks ago?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
            Any pictures?

Does javis and cows were on a piece of property that hasn’t been hunted in several years so i didn’t expect much had a few 2.5 bucks on cams. Several prego does though so we’ll see hopefully we can start getting some mature bucks on cam soon

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              You guys didn't get any of that rain a few weeks ago?

We’re at 2.5” for the year!

Comment

We’re at 2.5” for the year!

We're not much better probably around 5.5 .

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  We're not much better probably around 5.5 .

Ya we need a depression to come squat for a week

Comment

Bump

Comment

Question: We have water tanks on the far ends of our property, that the well pump we currently have can't get water to due to the fact that they pump to a large tank and it gravity feeds the remote troughs, and doesn't have the pressure to go over the final hill.... Do any of you have any issue getting water to remote tanks, and if so how did you get water to them? We were thinking adding a booster transfer pump after the last trough to feed the final trough, but would one of these 2" Trash pumps work if we could tie it into the line? Make it easier to just crank it and let it run then kill it after it's filled.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        Question: We have water tanks on the far ends of our property, that the well pump we currently have can't get water to due to the fact that they pump to a large tank and it gravity feeds the remote troughs, and doesn't have the pressure to go over the final hill.... Do any of you have any issue getting water to remote tanks, and if so how did you get water to them? We were thinking adding a booster transfer pump after the last trough to feed the final trough, but would one of these 2" Trash pumps work if we could tie it into the line? Make it easier to just crank it and let it run then kill it after it's filled.
                        This mite do the job, but who is gonna be there to fire up the pump every time the water gets low? How far are you needing to pump the water? If not too far, I’d install a battery powered electric pump with solar panels. Put a switch with float at the tanks. Use switch to turn pump off and on.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                          This mite do the job, but who is gonna be there to fire up the pump every time the water gets low? How far are you needing to pump the water? If not too far, I’d install a battery powered electric pump with solar panels. Put a switch with float at the tanks. Use switch to turn pump off and on.
                          Cattle rancher has a cowboy lives on the ranch 24/7, hes already turning valves on at other tanks to fill them manually, he could crank it up and shut it off.

Need it to run 9500', elevation change is about 50', the final 3000' or so is down hill.
                          Last edited by EastTexasMan; 07-17-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            Cattle rancher has a cowboy lives on the ranch 24/7, hes already turning valves on at other tanks to fill them manually, he could crank it up and shut it off.

Need it to run 9500', elevation change is about 50', the final 3000' or so is down hill.
                            Too far for my idea.
                            Your idea should work.

Comment

Just crossed 4 mounted deer from Mexico at eagle pass without any problems. Couldn’t have been easier. After a season full of rejected hides because of ticks we experimented with having a few deer mounted in P N to see how that would work. The B P officer hardly looked at the deer. We signed the paper worked and done. Took about 5 mins.

We even joked with the guy how easy this was and how difficult crossing hides has become. From now on for any guest of mine that wants to cross a deer I’ll give them 2 choices. Mount in Mexico or only cross antlers and buy hide in America

Comment

Who did the mounting and how good was the work

Comment

Working...
                                X