No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I brought my friend’s gun out last year when I brought my gun out. No questions asked. They didn’t even ask why I was bringing his out. But this was the last weekend of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by RanchoAB View Post
      As long as the air rifle is not CO2 powered or powered by a separate tank you’ll have no problems. CO2 cartridges, or any compressed air for that matter, are no nos. Keep gun with scope on it and pellets in a separate bag. If you take scope off they can claim the scope is a firearm component and make you go back or confiscate it. Keep all together and ABSOLUTELY declare it. You’ll have zero problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I crossed 2 several years ago. Had the scopes on the guns and didn’t have an issue. I’ve also crossed with a scope off the Gun and had hell with them trying to take the scope because it wasn’t attached and they said we could sell to bad people! [emoji849]. Just like everything else its going to depend on who you get that day checking you!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Canyon View Post
        I brought my friend’s gun out last year when I brought my gun out. No questions asked. They didn’t even ask why I was bringing his out. But this was the last weekend of the season.
        Wow, no way in hell would i bring a gun out that I did not have the registration papers on, you are very lucky you did not encounter mucho problemos.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          Wow, no way in hell would i bring a gun out that I did not have the registration papers on, you are very lucky you did not encounter mucho problemos.

I’ve brought my dads out before with his paperwork, but not something I would recommend.

Comment

Agree 100%. The ammo would add to your problems if it was a different caliber than the one you had paperwork for too.

As for the Visa, Humberto told me several years ago that we should have one and I have gotten one every season. Never been asked for it though. Peace of mind is easily worth the $20 it cost IMO.

Comment

All my crew who check guns have been getting the visa the last couple years. Easy process at the P. N. crossing. We turn it in when checking guns out.All guns are accompanied by their owner checking in and out. We follow ALL the gun laws as the last thing I want in Mexico is any sort of gun related problem!

Comment

I didn’t say I brought it out without his registration.

Comment

I didn’t say I brought it out without his registration.
                  Gotcha, I still would not have tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                    Agree 100%. The ammo would add to your problems if it was a different caliber than the one you had paperwork for too.

As for the Visa, Humberto told me several years ago that we should have one and I have gotten one every season. Never been asked for it though. Peace of mind is easily worth the $20 it cost IMO.
                    Guys, I guess I didn’t make it clear. I know all the requirements involved in hunting in Mexico. I’ve only been hunting down there for about 25 years give are take a few. I was only trying to pass on that if you follow all the requirements you have a good chance of staying out of trouble.

Comment

Very lucky that you didn’t get thrown in jail.

Comment

Maybe he knows more than most of us, all I know is there is no way I am bringing a gun out of Mexico that is not registered to me, would you have tried to take that same gun in to Mexico without the owner and proper documentation ?

Comment

Yes, I have brought other people's guns out of Mexico, just have the original paperwork with you. I don't like doing it, but have done it.

Comment

Any of y’all got pictures yet? I love seeing Mexico bucks!!!!

Comment

Maybe he knows more than most of us, all I know is there is no way I am bringing a gun out of Mexico that is not registered to me, would you have tried to take that same gun in to Mexico without the owner and proper documentation ?
                              I won’t even ride around the ranch with a gun not registered to me or person registered to in truck...I have been checked years ago ON our ranch and they checked everything.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                                Yes, I have brought other people's guns out of Mexico, just have the original paperwork with you. I don't like doing it, but have done it.
                                I do remember one time about 5 years ago we had a hunter tag out the first day, after a couple of days he was ready to leave and did not want to have to go to Piedras to check his gun, he was hoping I could bring it back, we called Humberto and he said he did not recommend it, he did not say it could not be done, the hunter went on and checked his rifle out.

Comment

Working...
                                X