No announcement yet.

Wife wanted a supper table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work. Like that you actually did the legs instead of steel bolt ons. Talking my wife into letting me try a herringbone style table instead of her buying something when we move in. Although I really will be using hand tools most likely lol.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
      Good job on getting your son working with his hands!

Skills like this will serve him a lifetime - he won't have to depend on others because he'll be able to do things himself.

Thanks bud! I’m a general contractor now, but started out as a handyman when I started my business in my teens. He’s taken a decent interest in building stuff recently, so he is working with my a little this summer. I plan on teaching him everything I can and if he chooses to do something completely different he will just have the benefit of having this to fall back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks y’all!
        My wife had some pictures on her phone of the table before it was finished. As you can see, my buddies busted their butts helping haha

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
          Good job on getting your son working with his hands!

Skills like this will serve him a lifetime - he won't have to depend on others because he'll be able to do things himself.
          This. I look forward to sharing what I know once my boy is old enough. Plus, you know, the free labor!

Comment

Man, I envy you guys that can build things.

Great work.

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

I was just about to post my build and saw this supper table build and figured I'd check yours out.... And what do you know.... Same table!!! Haha

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Where did y'all find the plan on the internet?

Comment

Learn how to build a DIY Farmhouse Table for $110 with free plans. Design inspired by Restoration Hardware build at a fraction of the cost!

They say $110, but that's with using low quality wood. I used oak for my top piece and spent $350 for the bench and table materials. This also assumes you have the tools necessary for the job... A pocket hole jig is mandatory [emoji38]

Comment

Nice tables fellas. Really nice tables.

Comment

How come you did not angle cut the corners of the table and benches. Just curious,

Comment

very nice i need to try my hand one day at building one

Comment

That turned out really nice. Your wife and my wife must be friends cuz my wife is always coming up with ideas of things for me to make. They seem to think it takes about 30 minutes to build stuff like this and it really takes about 4-5 hours. Nice table man !!

Comment

Great job! Love the distressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                Looks great!!

Thanks bud!
                                Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                                That turned out really nice. Your wife and my wife must be friends cuz my wife is always coming up with ideas of things for me to make. They seem to think it takes about 30 minutes to build stuff like this and it really takes about 4-5 hours. Nice table man !!
                                Haha, I know that’s right. She had me do a bed frame out of pallet wood that I’ll post soon. Didn’t have plans, just came up with it on my own. No idea how many hours I had in it, but it was a lot!

Originally posted by hittman View Post
                                I was just about to post my build and saw this supper table build and figured I'd check yours out.... And what do you know.... Same table!!! Haha

What a small world! Looks great bud. I couldn’t find the plans I used, but the ones you posted was them for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X