Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soos vide

Comment

What time do you plan on pulling it, and what time the next day do you plan on serving it?

Comment

Vacuume seal it up then drop in a pot of hot water in the stove it will heat it up and not dry it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
          I slice it and vacuum seal it then boil the entire sealed bag of sliced brisket.
          Yup!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
            I slice it and vacuum seal it then boil the entire sealed bag of sliced brisket.

I don't get as hot as boiling, but this is how I do it. Foil pan with water in the oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have put it whole in a roasting pan with a little beef broth and cover with foil and warm up on low for a bit and it has turned out perfectly. I cooler'ed it the night before so it wasn't cold, it was room temp going in

Comment

I use those oven bags and a cup of beef broth. Put the oven on 150 and heat till you're ready to slice it.

Comment

If you pull it off late Saturday evening, double wrap it in foil and place it in a good small cooler. It will still be hot the next day in the afternoon, just keep the cooler closed.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                    What time do you plan on pulling it, and what time the next day do you plan on serving it?
                    I plan on smoking it all day Saturday till early afternoon, then let it rest and cool down while we attend another party, and put it in the fridge when we get home.

Comment

I'll probably slide it in the oven an hour or two before the other party on Sunday and let it slowly come back up to serving temp and slice it then. Well that's what I was planning on doing but if that sounds like a bad idea someone let me know!!

Comment

Reading these post I may not put it in the fridge I may wrap it and put in the cooler like said before. Then use the oven to warm it back up.

Comment

My dad and his buddies used to cater a lot of weddings when I was growing up. They would smoke the briskets several days before hand. They then put them in a walk in cooler and would slice them cold. They put them in a roaster oven early the afternoon of the wedding and slowly warmed them up. They always turned out good.

Comment

Intresting bullhead thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                              My dad and his buddies used to cater a lot of weddings when I was growing up. They would smoke the briskets several days before hand. They then put them in a walk in cooler and would slice them cold. They put them in a roaster oven early the afternoon of the wedding and slowly warmed them up. They always turned out good.
                              Yep, super easy to slice cold.

Comment

Well, you gotta plan better.

Comment

Working...
                                X