2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    I read the rumors about fisher for that pitcher... i just dont see it... Fisher is franchise...he wasnt even allowed in the talks for Verlander at crunch time , during a legitimate and immediate run for the championship....
    why give him up for this guy? (*unless theres a ton of prospects, cash, and other incentives involved....and even then..nah.)
    Yes he is a 20/20 guy and possibly a 30/30 guy!!!

But you got Reddick 3 more years, Springer 2-3 at least....

And Tucker should be up in 2-3 for a long term solution.

But man I agree Tucker and Fisher long term in our OF is dynamite.

Comment

The Garrett Cole deal is done....waiting on details!!!

I am afraid I will be disappointed, as the Pirates wanted Tucker or Whitley

Comment

11:26 - Jeff Passan (yahoo sports) tweeted his sources say the deal is NOT done completely, and Cole has yet to be notified 'hes on the move' .

also..no details on what the deal would be other than possible salary.

Comment

Yes workin on minor logistics I hear....the major framework and players are done. So I am told

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Yes workin on minor logistics I hear....the major framework and players are done. So I am told
            by who? who is telling you this?
            you are using Trade rumors like everyone else.
            sthu

Comment

LOL Ok.....

My good buddy is a part time baseball agent who works for a big sports agency. So he gets updates and such that I am sure you don't

He said he was told it is pretty much done and working on financial part and the finishing touches.

Comment

verlander keuchel mccullers cole morton sure looks nasty on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  LOL Ok.....

My good buddy is a part time baseball agent who works for a big sports agency. So he gets updates and such that I am sure you don't on twitter
                  Name him.. if hes an agent his name shouldn't be a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                    verlander keuchel mccullers cole morton sure looks nasty on paper.
                    That depth is a nice thing to have, esp when our guys are not known for staying healthy. I really like the way Lunhow Works

Comment

How does one become a Part Time Baseball Agent.......

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Name him.. if hes an agent his name shouldn't be a secret.
                        He does it part time as he just left his collegiate baseball job for a new job outside of coaching collegiately, bc he started a family.

He works for an agency and does the recruiting and scouting. Not a full blown agent. This is a side job for him at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          How does one become a Part Time Baseball Agent.......
                          Good question. Like i just said he is not an agent so to say, but works for a sports agency.

Another guy he knows, an ex-MLB player also does it and he is a coach for a D1 in Central Texas. He beat him out for the slightly higher position as his MLB experience is a big plus. I am not sure what this other guy does for them

Comment

cole for fisher, moran, and paulino

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                              cole for fisher, moran, and paulino
                              I am ok with that. Moran is expendable and weak defense

Paulino should be an MLB starter, but hasnt shown it yet and has PED usage clowded over him

Fisher will be an above avg OF IMO

Comment

I think the addition of Cole could be a great step for us. Good pitching beats good hitting!

Comment

Working...
                                X