Samsung Galaxy S8 good or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Galaxy S8 good or not?

We need new phones and fixing to switch to Verizon from USCellular. Will be buying 3 phones (my wife, daughter, and i) and figured we'd go with the newer Samsung since my wife and I had s6's and daughter an s4 for past several years with no real issues. The lady at verizon was trying to talk me out of getting the S8 saying there have been quite a few problems that samsung is trying to work out... First I've heard of this, so any of ya'll having any issues with these phones??

I have a S8 and have had no issues with it.

Comment

Tagged I have the S5 and I think it is about time to upgrade after 3 years. Although I may just buy another battery for 12$ and keep it, I haven't made up my mind yet.

Comment

Have s8 active. Think it's only on att though. Same as s8 just tougher body,larger battery and no beveled screen. I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishxbones View Post
          Have s8 active. Think it's only on att though. Same as s8 just tougher body,larger battery and no beveled screen. I like it a lot.
          Wish I had waited a few months and got the S8 active for all the reasons you listed. I had a S6 active and loved it. When I went to trade in my phone the active was not available yet.

Comment

I have the S8+ and have han no problems with it.

Comment

Phone salesmen are about as deceiving as they come... if they have a phone that is lagging or one they get bigger bonuses from they will push it even if it has serious issues and badmouth others.

One week they may say XY phone has issues and next week it is the greatest ever made.

Comment

I recently went from the S5 to the S7. I didn't think I would like the 'no button' on the S8. Liking the 7 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishxbones View Post
                  I love the Active line of galaxy. The s8 active is coming out for tmobile and sprint in 2 weeks.

Comment

Still on the 5. No plans to upgrade till att shuts it down for me.

Comment

have the S8+ and love it. not one issue.

Comment

I still have my S5 Active and it's ok. Started noticing that its getting really slow at times but not all the time. Like taking 45 seconds to open txt messages and such. The battery still last 10-12 hours before dropping below the 20% level. The S8 Active looks really nice but not sure about wanting to sign another contract.

Comment

Love mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am on my 3rd Galaxy and this one may be my last. I had an S5, S5 Active, now an S7. I don't know why but the 5 and now my 7 have horrible battery life. Sprint replaced them because they agreed a 1/2 day of not even using it shouldn't drain past 50%. My wife has a new Note and hers is awesome. My S7 is crap. They both also overheated occasionally if I used them a lot. I don't even use a phone case (what Spring tried to blame the heat issue on). I think the quality of the Galaxy line is hit or miss. At least in my experience.

Comment

I have the S8+ with no problems

Comment

Working...
                              X