east texas deer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

east texas deer ?

Has everyone else had a lousey season? We hunt in nat forrest and have not seen many deer we think we had a die off????what do youall think?

Im in Henderson county and had the most deer this season than ever before. Buddy hunts in Nac county and he had many to choose from. Our land in west texas however is how your describing.

Comment

We had lots of deer on our place here in Houston County. Problem was an early rut and lots of acorns on the ground so they weren't hitting feeders and weren't having to travel very far to feed. And after the first couple weeks of season they tend to go nocturnal from the pressure it seems like. Now that general season is over they are hitting feeders hard again in daylight hours.

Comment

It was a very tough year for me in East Texas.... saw lots of does but not many mature deer. The rut was almost non-existent. I did however have a very successful season shooting one of my best East Texas bucks. I grunted him up. This is a buck I was after all season that I spotted in velvet back in August while hog hunting.

Comment

Best year i have ever seen in vanzandt co.

Comment

I seen alot of deer but none were shooters. Mostly bunch of trash bucks. 4,5,6, point basket racks but nothing legal. I didnt see one doe either.

Comment

Slow but good in Hopkins county

Comment

Skunked for me. There was acorns still on the ground last week. Pretty much sucked all season. Corn rotted and was growing under feeders.

Comment

east texas deer ?

Not the best year in Nacogdoches County but the wife and I managed a couple of nice bucks. Movement has been weird this year. We have seen several nice bucks but mostly late in the season.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I ran out of tags in wood co with my bow in 3 hunts. Best season ever

Comment

east texas deer ?

Great year for my Splendora lease.

More outside the ears bucks shot than every before, less does sightings per hunt though.

Comment

I had a phenomenal year. Houston Co, San Saba Co, and Kansas.

Comment

This was a great year in Houston Co. For some reason , I shot a 137 eight point early in Oct and was tagged here. I probably passed 10 deer better through the season. The good news is those others were 4.5 and 5.5 so they should be good next year.

I always set a goal to hunt a deer over 150 and have been getting it done every year till last year. I hunted a mid 160s ten 20 hunts before I got a shot at him. Despite what i thought was a golden shot( 25yd broad side)...I lost him. Thanks TPWD for not allowing dogs. When bow season opened this year, my first sit had this 7.5 yr old 8pt on me. I watched him for 50 minutes inside 30yds and I guess i had something to prove so i shot him. Oh well, he was a nice archery kill for East Tx. I made the decision to shoot him knowing I could likely shoot a deer that scored higher. His age kinda tripped my trigger though. Like those 12 plus g2s too.
                          Attached Files

Comment

All Wood Co.

1 doe shot on a fence crossing, 1 doe shot in food plot, Buck shot chsing doe in a food plot. Never hunted a feeder in E. Texas for a deer this season.
                            Attached Files

Comment

In Jasper county all the leases I hear of and know about had slower than normal years. Many, many acorns and weird weather. I have been hearing some talk of the die off thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X