How to quiet Limb Driver arrow rest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to quiet Limb Driver arrow rest?

I'm talking about the forks in particular. I just got a bow that has this rest, and I like except for one thing. Although the forks have what shrink wrap plastic on them, there's still an audible metal sound, when the arrow draws across them. Do those who have this rest just put felt on the forks, or is there a better alternative?

Wrapping the forks with felt will help dampen the noise. Also an old trick I use is to always keep a small dab of vasoline in one of the upper cutouts in the riser. Once in the stand take your finger and take just a slight smidgin and wipe it on the rest where the arrow rides and then nock and arrow. When you draw back it will be wisper quiet.

Comment

I take a piece of leather from a worn out golf or batting glove and glue it to the forks. This is as quiet as felt and lasts a lot longer.

If you don't have a worn out glove you can go by any driving range and look in the trash can.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
        I take a piece of leather from a worn out golf or batting glove and glue it to the forks. This is as quiet as felt and lasts a lot longer.

If you don't have a worn out glove you can go by any driving range and look in the trash can.

Right down my alley. I love dumpster diving.

Good idea.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Buy a better rest.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Buy a better rest.
              Whatever
              Last edited by HeyMikey; 11-08-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I've got the same rest and put that camo moleskin stuff on it. Quiet as a mouse whizzing on a cotton ball!

Never have tried the leather but may give that a whirl once my moleskin wears out!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                  Whatever
                  best rest on the market IMO. i owned 2 different Original LD's, and am now on my 2nd PRO-V, ( i buy, sell and trade bows a lot ).

moleskin, felt, or try the above mentioned.

Comment

I have felt on my LD launcher arms. I also use an AAE launcher pad stuck to the arrow shelf that helps quiet the rest as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X