No announcement yet.

Double down users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have started crushing it the past month at my house. The first 3 weeks were slow, but they doublet consumption the past 4 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
      They love the Dd I'm going through about 2000 pound a week on a 100 acres.

Why?

Comment

I tried it last year on a 450 acre pasture. Two free choice feeders, lots of quality browse with good rains. The rain was very similar to the previous year and usage didn't change by any appreciable amont for the year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Any reason
          Because it can cause antler deformities. I believe it upset the deer's rumen which in turn led to antler deformity. I think this could happen with other feeds but all I can say is what I experienced. At least 30-40% of my bucks last year were screwed up.

Comment

Cattle panels are your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
              Because it can cause antler deformities. I believe it upset the deer's rumen which in turn led to antler deformity. I think this could happen with other feeds but all I can say is what I experienced. At least 30-40% of my bucks last year were screwed up.
              Oh dang

Comment

One more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your average consumption will be consistently higher with similar range conditions through out the year. Don't be surprised if it "Double's Down"...

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                    Would like to hear more detail on this....

Comment

You broke yet ? Lol
                      Last edited by txwhitetail; 05-17-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

We are feeding about 600lbs every two weeks right now on 200 acres. This has been pretty steady since about the beginning of March. I hope it shows up in antler growth come September but more important to us is the increase in deer that are sticking around this summer compared to years past.

Comment

It gets alittle expensive but I've had a spike buck one day turn into a 170 three weeks later.
                          Lol! That's awesome!

Comment

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer are hammering the Double Down right now. They ate 3,000 lbs out of one of my feeders in the last 5 weeks. It ran out yesterday so Got to get down there Friday to refill. Luckily my timed Lamco is still going.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                You broke yet ? Lol
                                Had to start using a different brand of feed the comsuption rate between the deer and the 4 kids at home was letting funds run alittle bit low.

Comment

Working...
                                X