No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy and I were drawn for this weekend hunt.
    leaving Thursday morning. We will be in a Black Ford excursion.
    Anyone want to chat and coordinate please call me at 512-653-0788
    david

Comment

Originally posted by DJSegura View Post
      My buddy and I were drawn for this weekend hunt.
      leaving Thursday morning. We will be in a Black Ford excursion.
      Anyone want to chat and coordinate please call me at 512-653-0788
      david

Best of luck! I've still got to wait a few more weekends before its my turn.

Comment

Originally posted by DJSegura View Post
        give me a call?
        got drawn as well
        thanks david
        I will be heading that way on Thursday as well. I will put your number in my phone. I will be in a Black Dodge 1500 4x4

Comment

Did anyone go one the first two rifle hunts? Wonder how they went?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
            Did anyone go one the first two rifle hunts? Wonder how they went?
            This was posted on the archery thread

Comment

That seems like a lot of hunters piled in 8 with rifles

Comment

That seems like a lot of hunters piled in 8 with rifles
                It is definitely the easy to get in & out. If everyone shows up, should be about 33 hunter per weekend

Comment

My group got here today will be in a white f-350 ford . It sure doesn't feel like Dec !!!!

Comment

How is the hunt going?

Comment

I'll be down there next wed night, can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by robie View Post
                        How is the hunt going?
                        I don't know if anyone got shot off, but I heard several people say that they saw deer & nilgai but just so far away. I think the wind kept a lot of animals bedded up. It was pretty strong still today

Myself, I biked around the back scouting for the weekend early and finally set up under some brush about 12:30. I saw 2 does & 2 javelina while biking. Once I got set up, I saw 2 bobcats, 2 more javelin, and a 6 pt right about deer-thirty. The javelinas walked about 4 ft from me & freaked out when it realized I was there. 1 on the bobcats was about 20 yards in front on me, and I got a great video of it strolling down the road.

Also, when everyone was entering this morning when they unlocked the gate, a big & wide 10pt jumped the fence and headed into the brush

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                          I don't know if anyone got shot off, but I heard several people say that they saw deer & nilgai but just so far away. I think the wind kept a lot of animals bedded up. It was pretty strong still today

Myself, I biked around the back scouting for the weekend early and finally set up under some brush about 12:30. I saw 2 does & 2 javelina while biking. Once I got set up, I saw 2 bobcats, 2 more javelin, and a 6 pt right about deer-thirty. The javelinas walked about 4 ft from me & freaked out when it realized I was there. 1 on the bobcats was about 20 yards in front on me, and I got a great video of it strolling down the road.

Also, when everyone was entering this morning when they unlocked the gate, a big & wide 10pt jumped the fence and headed into the brush
                          How windy is it down there?

Comment

Yesterday, 15-25, thus morning nothing. There have been about 5 shots this morning. Someone just shot 3 times just about 5 minutes ago.

I had a Lil 4pt walk in front of me earlier, but I got to find a better location that I can cover more ground. I can only see them as they cross the road, 2 steps off and I loose them in the brush

Comment

How's the hunting?

Comment

How's the hunting?
                                It was good for a couple of guy. The was a really nice 10pt shot, a big 300lb Nilgai cow and a 250lb Nilgai bull. I hunted until 11 this morning and decided to make the 7 hr. trip back to Houston.

I didn't shoot anything but I had my chances on a few small Whitetail bucks and even had a good wide 8pt. within 60 yards this morning but let him walk because I didn't fill like messing with him on the last day. I basically was after a trophy whitetail or a Nilgai. I had a 5 second glimpse a big Nilgai bull at 200 yards, but he crossed the road and was back in the brush before I could set the binoculars down & pick up the rifle. I had fun and learned a few things to better myself if I ever get picked again

Comment

Working...
                                X