No announcement yet.

Incident in The Woodlands (punks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I with a passion hate cyclists. I personally think they make the road less safe, and they should not be allowed on any city street at any time, especially doing busy periods, in highly urban areas where they have no buffer to the traffic around them.

That being said, throwing stuff at a cyclist does nothing but make it WAY less safe then having the cyclists on the road in the first place. Hope the kids get whooped by their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue1 View Post
      as a disclaimer, i'm not a rider. i'm too fat, don't look good in spandex and they don't make a seat with enough cushion.
      Trust me, being skinny is not a requirement for wearing spandex. And the cyclists here in Katy make it abundantly clear.

Comment

so for a couple platic water bottles you endangered a lot of other people chasing

Comment

Is like to see those whipper snappers try that , when we're out on a trail ride

Comment

The only thing I hate more than cyclists are Amish people. It's like no one told them I own this road, and I wanna go fast. Screw sharing the road. If you wanna have rights buy an F-250.
            Last edited by niceg3s; 05-19-2017, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
              so for a couple platic water bottles you endangered a lot of other people chasing
              Really; you witnessed it, or know this how?

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue1 View Post
                doesn't surprise me to see nothing has changed with the entitled youth of the woodlands. been gone for 20 years and i couldn't get out fast enough.

there is a good chance the "parents" are either too busy to raise their kids right or they are just as big of a ***** as the kids are. either way a site visit probably won't go well.

to the guys complaining about bikers. you think this is bad you should try living in colorado. they would shut down roads with so many of them and in the foothills they don't have shoulders to move into. got very dangerous

what's the harm with letting them ride on the shoulder. it takes 2 seconds to get around them. i drive a lot, like average 40k a year a lot, and encounter them frequently on several of the backroads. probably see a few on my way home in a couple hours. it's a 2 second inconvenience to wait to properly pass them. i have more problems passing the slow drivers (rant for another day) i run into an asshat every once in awhile but not the majority. i think sometimes we get in such a rush that we forget how trivial some of these problems are. grab a beer, cigar and a go chill by the lake.

as a disclaimer, i'm not a rider. i'm too fat, don't look good in spandex and they don't make a seat with enough cushion.

It takes 2 seconds to go around them until there is a lot of traffic behind them I got stuck behind one for 3 miles..

Comment

I knew that response would make it.

If the little **** biscuits were bad enough to throw stuff they should have stopped.

I don't like bikes in the road anymore than the next guy but throwing stuff at some off the roadway or on the shoulder is wrong. Scott Engle that runs MOCO police reporter is a good dude. Post them or email him

Comment

You ever been hit in the face with something you don't expect is coming? It can completely knock you off balance. On a motorcycle, that can get you killed. So props to the OP.

Comment

I'm going to tone this down as much as I can. First off Houstonhunter clearly stated that the cyclists were minding their own business, on the shoulder, out of traffic, and that it was the punks that were the problem. Yet several of you jump on and instantly condemn the cyclists, REALLY???, that's like saying all bow hunters just wound animals and don't find them.....and I know we've all heard that.
                      Not all cyclist, at a max of 275lbs, want and look to pick a fight with a bumper attached to a 7500+ lbs vehicle. Some of us have turned to cycling as a means to deal with something, an outlet if you will, instead of sitting in a bar drinking ourselves to a drunken stuper and driving home. So get off your high horse and see the situation for what it was, PUNKS BEING PUNKS!!!!!!
                      I cycle, and drive the same roads, I see both sides and have seen the bad on both sides, but to say you want to put a cyclist on your bumper....all I have to say is bring it on, don't hide behind that computer screen, man up, let's see how big a man you are standing outside that truck, and I'll show you why I took to cycling...not the first time I've punched a window out and jerked a jackwagon outta a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
                        I'm going to tone this down as much as I can...

....all I have to say is bring it on, don't hide behind that computer screen, man up, let's see how big a man you are standing outside that truck, and I'll show you why I took to cycling...not the first time I've punched a window out and jerked a jackwagon outta a vehicle.
                        Thank you for toning it down, sir. Much appreciated.

Comment

I'm going to tone this down as much as I can. First off Houstonhunter clearly stated that the cyclists were minding their own business, on the shoulder, out of traffic, and that it was the punks that were the problem. Yet several of you jump on and instantly condemn the cyclists, REALLY???, that's like saying all bow hunters just wound animals and don't find them.....and I know we've all heard that.
                          Not all cyclist, at a max of 275lbs, want and look to pick a fight with a bumper attached to a 7500+ lbs vehicle. Some of us have turned to cycling as a means to deal with something, an outlet if you will, instead of sitting in a bar drinking ourselves to a drunken stuper and driving home. So get off your high horse and see the situation for what it was, PUNKS BEING PUNKS!!!!!!
                          I cycle, and drive the same roads, I see both sides and have seen the bad on both sides, but to say you want to put a cyclist on your bumper....all I have to say is bring it on, don't hide behind that computer screen, man up, let's see how big a man you are standing outside that truck, and I'll show you why I took to cycling...not the first time I've punched a window out and jerked a jackwagon outta a vehicle.
                          Nice way to tone it down.

Comment

Uh oh, Facebook Police on the prowl.

Comment

Yep I sure would like to imprint some or all of the inconsiderate cyclist on my bumper. Get tired of dodging them running lights , stop signs etc. I have NO problem with cyclist who obey the laws. Like I said I ride too, but either on the bike trails or neighborhood. I obey the law so hopefully someone doesn't imprint me on their bumper. If you are riding a bike and not obeying traffic laws you deserve what you get. I agree 100% cyclist should be able to ride unbothered or threathend if you are obeying the law. Even agreed the punks needed an axz whoopin for what they did. Sad part is bad comes from automobile drivers and cyclist. Unfortunately the cyclist will lose that battle. If you are riding within the law you should be treated with the respect same as a car driver, if not it won't bother me one bit if you become a hood ornament.

Comment

Be careful approaching the parents. I caught a kid ringing my door bell after midnight. I actually caught the kid after the fourth ringing of my door bell. I explained to him what would happen if my door bell rang again. Go to the next evening the kids father rings my door bell and wanting to know why i caught his son by his tee shirt the night before. He was actually mad at me. I simply told him next time he could identify the body.

Comment

Working...
                                X