No announcement yet.

Ducks Unlimited pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never volunteered, but I was a member for years, and I drank a lot of their vodka and bought many high priced guns, paintings, and other such stuff. Did I mention that I drank a lot of their vodka ? Does that count ?

Comment

Sounds great! My job hasn’t provided one single spot to hunt, I still hunt public and lease land like everybody.

Offer was more to help clear up the misinformation on hunting access. DU doesn’t hold or request hunting access on anything. But you knew that already. I’ve hunted a few spots in your neck of the woods that were designed by a DU biologist (years before I would’ve ever imagined working here), and they were all first class. Let us know how it goes.
      Last edited by duckboy007; 05-21-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duckboy007 View Post
        Sounds great! My job hasn’t provided one single spot to hunt, I still hunt public and lease land like everybody.

Offer was more to help clear up the misinformation on hunting access. DU doesn’t hold or request hunting access on anything. But you knew that already. I’ve hunted a few spots in your neck of the woods that were designed by a DU biologist (years before I would’ve ever imagined working here), and they were all first class. Let us know how it goes.
        I see your location is Tennessee. I don't think you really know texas DU.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

DU....leaders in manipulation

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I see your location is Tennessee. I don't think you really know texas DU.

Moved here from Texas.

I just want to reiterate that nothing happens on private land that isn’t at the express consent and direction of the landowner.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
              DU....leaders in manipulation
              Exactly.

And as mentioned OP. Read the fine print.

Comment

After I posted this DU called me back. These ponds were theirs in 2002 but the contract expired in 2017. It Its on 1200 acres I just acquired for hunting. We meet next Wednesday.

Comment

Oh they save that for the bigwigs. Pee-on’s don’t get the privilege.

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                  After I posted this DU called me back. These ponds were theirs in 2002 but the contract expired in 2017. It Its on 1200 acres I just acquired for hunting. We meet next Wednesday.
                  They were “theirs” and they want them back.

Comment

I had them do one on my property about 15 years ago. Everything went smooth and nobody from DU ever said anything about them hunting it. I paid 25% of the cost and they paid the other 75%. I had to hire the contractor which they provided a list to choose from. Everything went fine. But instead of paying the contractor directly they paid the money to me. Which I forwarded to the contractor. Then I get a 1099 for the money they paid to me. Why in the hell don't they just send it straight to the contractor and 1099 him? They never told me I would have to pay taxes on their contribution. That part ****** me off.

Comment

This couldn’t be farther from the truth of DU’s mission and program. I have been a DU volunteer for 20 years, and have worked at headquarters for 2. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Buzz bait, the guys out of Richmond are awesome, they know how to design some really good duck holes. Ask them everything, they know their stuff.
                      You are correct but they will fix you right up with a duck paradise free of charge to you, but on tax payer dollars though.

I’ve hunted some pretty impressive private DU funded impoundments up north.

Comment

Working...
                      X