SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
    Oh yea! That's right. We had to go buy a new one. Fun trip either way.
    Yeah, then we topped it off with a blown tire on the way home.

If i heard right, someone's boat sank in rockport because the same fitting sheared off their boat like tods did to us.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
      Yeah, then we topped it off with a blown tire on the way home.

If i heard right, someone's boat sank in rockport because the same fitting sheared off their boat like tods did to us.
      You did. They got all the way out and dropped off the hunters. Parked the boat and hunted. When they came back, the boat was on the bottom.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
        I've never fixed one David, only read that it can be done. Refer to post 12 and 15, as I think this advice will probably do the trick for you.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1730102
        Thank you Todd, I had no idea where to even start.

Fried fish always sounds great.

Comment

Got an email tonight from the FS concerning the Richard-Raven Multiple-use and Equestrian Trail Project, which I'm sure others of you received as well but wanted to post it up anyway.

Here is the body of the email:

You are receiving this email because you have previously expressed an interest in the Richards-Raven Multi-use and Equestrian Trail Project. We are pleased to announce a final environmental assessment, finding of no significant impact, and a draft decision notice have been published. The documents are available electronically for review at https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=48321.

The draft decision is subject to an administrative review process (36 CFR 218 subpart A and B). A legal notice initiating a 45-day objection filing period is expected to be published today (Thursday January 9, 2017) in the Conroe Courier. Please see the attached cover letter for information on who is eligible and how to file an objection.

Please contact Christine Handler at cahandler@fs.fed.us or 559-920-2188 if you have any questions.

Link to Work Package FY 2017 - 169874: https://ems-portal.usda.gov/sites/fs...QPP7S-2-466664 (This link is only viewable by USDA Forest Service employees. Attached is all the information that is included in the work package.)

If anyone has any objections and is eligible to object, better get it in now.

Comment

Here's a link to filing objections:

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder if i got removed from the mailing list. Come to think of it, i havent gotten any notifications from the forest service in a while

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                Hmmm. I wonder if i got removed from the mailing list. Come to think of it, i havent gotten any notifications from the forest service in a while
                This was the first one I've ever received.

Comment

They won't put me on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                    They won't put me on the list.

They got you pegged as a trouble maker

Comment

They should! Actually I'm OK with several things they do. However there are a few I don't like. However they are in control and are going to do whatever they want. With or without hearing our side.

While the trails are nice to gain access to the forest, the amount of acerage they remove for hunters is alarming.

It's kind of a double edge sword. The Sam is slowly being geared as a more urban park than a hunting area.

Comment

They should! Actually I'm OK with several things they do. However there are a few I don't like. However they are in control and are going to do whatever they want. With or without hearing our side.

While the trails are nice to gain access to the forest, the amount of acerage they remove for hunters is alarming.

It's kind of a double edge sword. The Sam is slowly being geared as a more urban park than a hunting area.

I'm concerned about what happens after this new neighborhood is built there at 45 and 1374 (or 1375. Whatever it is right there at New Waverly). You get all these **** Houston yuppies that haven't got a ****ing clue about nature (which should be obvious since they're tearing up a beautiful piece of property and displacing untold numbers of animals from their homes to build look-alike McMansions, but yet they can't see the irony) and don't want any barbarians killing those helpful deers (yes, I said "deers." I know better, but city-slickers don't).
                        Last edited by Etxbuckman; 02-10-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I think you meant helpless....Right?

I agree, they'll build homes, displace animals, create more problems and not have a clue. They'll also complain about the deer eating their plants and never even think about how the deer were there first.

That's a whole separate problem. Right now I'm concerned about long trails that take away acres of land that we can hunt. ( Remember we have to be 50 yards away at a minimum) if they consider it occupied, we have to be 300 yards away! ( Both sides) That's a 600 yard path through the woods that we can't hunt. Thereby reducing the numbers of acres we can hunt.

Comment

I think you meant helpless....Right?

I agree, they'll build homes, displace animals, create more problems and not have a clue. They'll also complain about the deer eating their plants and never even think about how the deer were there first.

That's a whole separate problem. Right now I'm concerned about long trails that take away acres of land that we can hunt. ( Remember we have to be 50 yards away at a minimum) if they consider it occupied, we have to be 300 yards away! ( Both sides) That's a 600 yard path through the woods that we can't hunt. Thereby reducing the numbers of acres we can hunt.

Oh I totally understand. It's death by a thousand cuts.

Oh, and yes. I meant helpless. That's what I get for trying to talk to customers and piddle with TBH at the same time.
                            Last edited by Etxbuckman; 02-10-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Oh I totally understand. It's death by a thousand cuts.

Oh, and yes. I meant helpless. That's what I get for trying to talk to customers and piddle with TBH at the same time.
                              Lol

Comment

Yep. Enjoy it while it lasts. It sucks too. Not near the hunters these days so not near the support in saving these lands for hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X