No announcement yet.

what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm around the same area. 1604 and Culebra. I'm free on wed's, and thurs's.

Comment

Wed works best for me, but I might be able to swing Thur too. Do you have a place to shoot? Send me a PM with a phone number and I'll send you mine as well. We will get you fixed up.
      All the best,
      Glenn

Comment

Great people with great help here =) You came to a great place

Comment

My suggestion is to Go to a local archery shop.

Comment

my best advice to you....

find someone at a pro shop or someone who is a very good shot and have them watch you shoot and critique it....

i used to shoot with my hand closed around the grip, torquing the bow, and i was so used to squeezing like a shotgun, i never really understand what i was doing wrong,

use the trigger just like a long range rifle shot, control breaths, breath in, breath out, focus on the target, breath in, (these should be as slow and steady as possible to calm your nerves) and while on the exhale, focus the pin on the target, and gently squeeze, like a rifle, let it naturally surprise you....slow and steady is the key to the release pull as a small flinch can move the arrow a bunch....

on holding the bow, put the grip in your hand and let your fingers relax, dont close them, dont use them to hold the bow, the force being pulled into your palm will hold it for you....when you release the arrow, a lot of people try to "grab" the grip to prevent the bow from falling, thats what a wrist sling is for, the bow should fall forward some but the sling will catch it....i really had a problem with this, until a freind at a bow shop showed me....and you need to practice on doing it the same way every single time....

i hope thats not hard to understand, im not the best teacher but thats some advice i was givin and it worked wonders....i dont shoot bows much anymore, but i was a pretty good shot, close groups out to 60 yards....and before i was shooting all over the place at 20 lol
            if i am wrong i would hope someone would correct me here, but im just trying to give info on what helped me, but i may be explaining it wrong....it takes patience, which i dont have, so give it time, it will come to you....people overthink this bowhunting stuff....you dont need fancy parts, and a $2k set up, i got a mathews drenalin and a good sight and rest and some good arrows and was set, i started with my dads bowtech tomkat, and they were both great....dont overthink it, have fun, try and relax, and enjoy shooting, and it will come easy for you....you will be smackin animals in no time!! good luck!!

Comment

Go to a pro shop are get with a friend and practice. Have fun with it!

Comment

ANCHOR, ANCHOR, ANCHOR!! work on your form and anchor point... make sure you are anchoring in the same spot everytime.

but like everyone else said, find somone to shoot with that know's what is going on...

welcome to the wonderful world of the bow!

Comment

I'm on nw part of sa too, I can help any week day after 630

Comment

Right on every one, thanks for the words of wisdom, and support .

Comment

Start close move back, see a pro shop. You will be right where u need to be!! Good luck.

Comment

Let me tell you the problem I had when I first started shooting a bow. I began by shooting with fingers but I don't think it matters whether you are using a release or shooting with fingers. As soon as I would release the arrow I had a problem with dropping my bow hand to watch the arrow fly. I really had to work on holding my form until the arrow hit.

Comment

go to a shop shoot around

Comment

Sounds like you'll be getting fixed up soon! This is I love TBH!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              stand closer to the target...
                              this start at 10 yards

Comment

Working...
                              X