No announcement yet.

Trump attempting to Legalize.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like most cities, counties here in NM charge a 25 dollar civil tax if you don’t have a medical cannabis card. As long as you have a small amount < 4 ounces or something similar.
    I would think most law Enforcement has much more important stuff to deal with other than cannabis. So it probably don’t even register on the radar of law Enforcement.

What is the current crime/ penalty for small amounts of cannabis in your areas?

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
      I got a question:

How do you feel, what do you think of workers that have a margarita or two, or maybe a couple of beers while at lunch?

Wait... another question:

How does anyone doing either one effect your workday - or your life in general?
      Honest questions; not trying to be argumentative.

Bob Lee
      You know if they were at work with alcohol in their system the could/should be fired. We worked around high voltage, hazardous chemicals, in confined spaces, at high elevations and with large rotating machinery.
      My crews needed to have their heads on straight because their health and lives depended on it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        What if I pop and Oxy, zanax, quelude, or adderall, or shoot even grind it up and smoke it?

Prob shouldn't do those either, yet legal drugs kill way more people than the illegal ones. Why don't we test for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do. I’m pretty sure if you have any of the ones listed in your system on a random pee test you would be fired without a script. If you have a script and are injured or injure someone you will have severe consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve said before, and again, my problem with legalized pot is that there is no test that can measure a persons’s “impairedness” while on pot. It’s different from an alcohol BAC measure. That’s my main hesitation against legalizing it. There is no way to regulate it once it becomes legal

Comment

Doesn't the Police have a way to determine if you're "on the pot" during a traffic stop now?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              Doesn't the Police have a way to determine if you're "on the pot" during a traffic stop now?
              Nothing that holds water in court.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                Time will tell.

If it was for simple possession for personal use, I'd be cool with them being released (Which I doubt anyone is in Prison for simple possession to begin with).

Is it safe to say the large majority serving time in prison for weed was transporting and distributing large quantities? Most also had other charges filed at the same time, like possession of a fire arm while committing other crimes.

It ain't cut and dry to say yes or no.
                My thoughts as well - probably very few actually in jail for personal use. That's also why I believe it may be easier to get them out if there are any.

Hardly anyone on most levels are in for a certain specific incident. Usually a trail of charges.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                  I've been told that it's a gateway drug.
                  Or is it a getaway drug?
                  If you mean a gateway to awesomeness then yes by all means

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    My thoughts as well - probably very few actually in jail for personal use. That's also why I believe it may be easier to get them out if there are any.

Hardly anyone on most levels are in for a certain specific incident. Usually a trail of charges.
                    The simple possession thing works like this and I know because a friend from HS went this route and is still wanted in the state of TX but Cali wont follow extradition for pot related crimes for simple possession.

1. Gets caught with a joint/personal amount of marijuana
                    2. Is sentenced to probation that includes drug testing (states make millions off of probation) but fails a test for smoking A joint so is arrested and put in jail
                    3. Is released on probation and again must take drug tests. Smokes a joint and fails and goes back to jail

4. Is released on probation and feels like having a joint so moves to Cali and throws the deuce at Texas.

Point is basically as far as the law was concerned here my friend was in and out of prison at a felony level for what is known to be personal use amounts. It definitely does happen.
                    Last edited by Ætheling; 04-17-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      The simple possession thing works like this and I know because a friend from HS went this route and is still wanted in the state of TX but Cali wont follow extradition for pot related crimes for simple possession.

1. Gets caught with a joint/personal amount of marijuana
                      2. Is sentenced to probation that includes drug testing (states make millions off of probation) but fails a test for smoking A joint so is arrested and put in jail
                      3. Is released on probation and again must take drug tests. Smokes a joint and fails and goes back to jail

4. Is released on probation and feels like having a joint so moves to Cali and throws the deuce at Texas.

Point is basically as far as the law was concerned here my friend was in and out of prison at a felony level for what is known to be personal use amounts. It definitely does happen.
                      Taxpayer money well spent

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Taxpayer money well spent
                        Even worse is Texas considers hash and extracts to not be marijuana by law and carries an even harsher sentence than flower. Its the same drug (THC) from the same plant but these idiots will actually put someone in prison for years for less than a joint. Absolutely disgusting. We are either a society of free persons or we are not. Which is it?

Local Decriminalization Drugged Driving Low THC Mandatory Minimum Sentence Penalty Details Possession Possession of 2…

Comment

Even worse is Texas considers hash and extracts to not be marijuana by law and carries an even harsher sentence than flower. Its the same drug (THC) from the same plant but these idiots will actually put someone in prison for years for less than a joint. Absolutely disgusting. We are either a society of free persons or we are not. Which is it?

http://norml.org/laws/item/texas-penalties-2
                          We are not.

Not as long as I am forced to buy other people's health insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            We are not.

Not as long as I am forced to buy other people's health insurance.
                            Haha, you aint lyin! It was somewhat rhetorical. We are by no means a free people here.

Comment

The problem we have now is no one can take care of themselves. Yet most are unwilling to let others go without food, insurance etc. Doesn't make sense to me other than people are stupid.

Once the crap hits the fan people will be forced to take care of themselves. I hope I'm around to see it.

Comment

http://norml.org/laws/item/texas-penalties-2
                                We stopped being a society of free persons the second we decided the Gov. knows how to take care of us better than we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X