Make sure to lock your vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
    Where did you hear something like this? Not true at all!

Although they should, these policies don't have a dumb arse exclusion!

yep

Comment

Googled and found this little tidbit:

However, if you leave the keys in your vehicle, or leave your vehicle running, the insurance company will most likely deny your claim because you did not responsibly secure your vehicle.

Another expectation that insurance companies have is that you will only loan your vehicle to responsible people.

If you loan your vehicle to someone with a criminal record, a stranger, or someone known for irresponsible behavior, and that person does not return your vehicle, the insurance company could deny your claim.

The burden of proof is on the insurance company, but all they have to do is provide a criminal record, bad driving record, or a few witnesses testifying to the typical behavior of the person you loaned your vehicle to in order to prove you are at fault.

I guess this is dumb arse also!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
        I would hate to live somewhere where I had to lock my truck.
        I would love to live somewhere where I didn't feel the need to put cameras on the outside of my house.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdoggintexas View Post
          I never lock my truck at home. I'm the last house on a 5 mile dirt road.
          I’ve got 55 acres that is pretty deep in the woods. My wife locks Her car when we are out there...makes me giggle.

Comment

Don’t matter if you lock the doors here. If the criminals see something they want they will get it. But more than likely they will take the whole car.
            They flee from the cops as the cops are not allowed to pursue.

If they do manage to get caught the judges let them out on trust with the Arnold foundation guidelines.

So basically the honest working person is screwed.

Talk to your insurance person and make sure you have the correct coverages.
            My wife calls every six months and makes sure we have what we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Googled and found this little tidbit:

However, if you leave the keys in your vehicle, or leave your vehicle running, the insurance company will most likely deny your claim because you did not responsibly secure your vehicle.

Another expectation that insurance companies have is that you will only loan your vehicle to responsible people.

If you loan your vehicle to someone with a criminal record, a stranger, or someone known for irresponsible behavior, and that person does not return your vehicle, the insurance company could deny your claim.

The burden of proof is on the insurance company, but all they have to do is provide a criminal record, bad driving record, or a few witnesses testifying to the typical behavior of the person you loaned your vehicle to in order to prove you are at fault.

I guess this is dumb arse also!
              Been in this job 40+ years and never heard of a company denying a claim under those circumstances.

Trailboss

Comment

Hate a thief

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                  Been in this job 40+ years and never heard of a company denying a claim under those circumstances.

Trailboss
                  I understand, I just posted this and I said in my original post that they may not pay, not that they would deny a claim like this. Always a first time and I guess you see every claim brought before an insurance company. Just saying.

Comment

I grew up in Irving so it was just instinct to lock your car everywhere you went. I do it at the deer lease and everyone looks at me funny! Better safe than sorry.

Comment

I always wanted to set up my toolbox to spray sow in heat urine on anyone who opens it without the key. thieves have hit my work truck a few times.

Comment

Working...
                      X