FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enewman
    You Arrowsmith, bowhunttxn, Ragin, muddyfuzzy are my main sources of info.

I'm not detracting from or trying to disrespect any one!

I don't have any time for R&D or any real desire to be totally honest. I have an idea in my mind of my perfect arrow. Just no idea how to get there

Comment

Oh lord. If your following me your in deep trouble. Hehe. I will tell you. This has been a very good post. No body complaining and lots of good info. I also like the ones you posted plus a few more as Well all except ragin. There is something wrong with that guy. I saw a pic of his kiddos. Very beautiful kids. No way they came from him. His wife must be out of this world.

Yes ragin I'm going to be needing something soon

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        Enewman
        You Arrowsmith, bowhunttxn, Ragin, muddyfuzzy are my main sources of info.

I'm not detracting from or trying to disrespect any one!

I don't have any time for R&D or any real desire to be totally honest. I have an idea in my mind of my perfect arrow. Just no idea how to get there
        The perfect arrow is the one you pick up off the ground, covered end to end with pink foamy blood.

I say get a good 300 spine arrow, 100gr. Slick trick mags, maybe a wrap, maybe not, and three blazer vanes and get to killing stuff. Get over that 200 gr. $90 each broadheads, brass insert nonsense, and just build an arrow that shoots out of your set up.

IMO a you will have to go short, and super heavy(like aluminum heavy) just to handle that draw length of yours with the FOC you are hoping for.If you had started shooting when overdrawn were King, you would be all set to build a rhino slayer!

Comment

Over draws. Haha. I think I was shooting a 22 in arrow back in them days

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
            Check out Black Eagle Arrows. They've got "Long Draw" shafts in many of their arrows.
            This has been driving me nuts for the last couple of days…

I just bought 1/2 dozen Black Eagle Rampage 250 shafts. These guys will get 4" feathers, stainless half-outs, 150 grain crossbow tricks. Should come in around 565 grains with 16-17% FOC and nearly perfect dynamic spine. Should pass-thru a moose but still have enough speed not to get ducked by a tweaking whitetail doe at 30 yards.

I feel a bit like a noob not knowing that Black Eagle had a 250 option, but I also feel like I'm going to eat my cake too...

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
              This has been driving me nuts for the last couple of days…

I just bought 1/2 dozen Black Eagle Rampage 250 shafts. These guys will get 4" feathers, stainless half-outs, 150 grain crossbow tricks. Should come in around 565 grains with 16-17% FOC and nearly perfect dynamic spine. Should pass-thru a moose but still have enough speed not to get ducked by a tweaking whitetail doe at 30 yards.

I feel a bit like a noob not knowing that Black Eagle had a 250 option, but I also feel like I'm going to eat my cake too...

You will be happy with these shafts, I would start them a little long and trim as required. Kudos with the feathers, I shoot them as we'll and its an easy way to gain close to 1% FOC. They steer better than anything else out there and just look cool.

Comment

I will have to check into the Black Eagle shafts. Do they have a spine stiffer than the 250?

Also, ain't a bow out there that will shoot an arrow fast enough for a deer NOT to duck or dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  I will have to check into the Black Eagle shafts. Do they have a spine stiffer than the 250?

Also, ain't a bow out there that will shoot an arrow fast enough for a deer NOT to duck or dodge.
                  They seem to sell a 150 and a 250 in the Rampage LD.

Also, I really meant "fast enough not to have something like THIS happen" ===>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_B9...of6JRVh8GbZZkQ
                  Last edited by JimboBurnsy; 11-11-2014, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
                    They seem to sell a 150 and a 250 in the Rampage LD.

Also, I really meant "fast enough not to have something like THIS happen" ===>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_B9...of6JRVh8GbZZkQ

I always thought the LD was large diameter ...
                    I might have to get me some!!!

Comment

I'm currently shooting Beman Bowhunters they are .006 straightness.
                      Would there be a noticeable difference I went with a .003 or .001?

I'm seriously considering the Rampage LD in a 250 spine....

Comment

Depends, how good of a shot are you?

Comment

FOC increase

My first group of 6 @ 20 yds, after not shooting for 2 weeks.
                          The high one on the left was a bad shot.
                          The one on the right is because I was talking
                          ;-)

The others are some one else's..

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                          Depends, how good of a shot are you?

Better than you

My bows sighted in AND I have arrows ;-))
                          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-11-2014, 12:46 PM.

Comment

My first group of 6 @ 20 yds, after not shooting for 2 weeks.
                            The high one on the left was a bad shot.
                            The one on the right is because I was talking
                            ;-)

The others are some one else's..

Better than you

My bows sighted in AND I have arrows ;-))

Thats not sayin much

Comment

I'm probably just some redneck with a keyboard talking out his backside, but with the straightness tolerances of just about any commercially available carbon arrow, I seriously doubt that it would make any appreciable difference at normal hunting ranges.

"Holy crap! These arrows have 0.006 straightness! They're crooked as ****!!!" Doesn't really hold water to me.

Then again, the 0.003 arrows may just be the culls out of a production run. It could be that those are more likely to have voids or resin imperfections and a disproportionately weak spine in one radius. Maybe those are just inherently inferior arrows that will be less consistent...

Comment

If you cut both ends of the shaft you can improve the straighteness tolerance. You probably won't notice a difference other than the price and how upset you get when you damage or lose one.

Comment

Working...
                                X