• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Mathews- blah

Elite- Impulse 31 or 34

Hoyt- Defiant 30 or 34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I prefer the Energy line over the Impulse from Elite and as far as the Hoyt's go I really thought last years Nitrum series to be better over all performers that the Defiant line up. You can get a 15' rigged out for what a bare bow 16' would cost and never know the difference in the performance dept.

Home of High and EFOC arrows

Comment

Halon!

Comment

Just bought a Matthews Z3. Less pricy than the Halon but still amazing Matthews quality. Couldn't be happier with my purchase

Comment

I will be visiting probably 5 shops over the next 2 maybe 3 days and shooting as many different models as I can. I may or may not buy one, it just depends on how they feel to me. I am going to have to travel about 5 to 6 hours east to try a bunch of different bows, but to me if I am going to spend over a grand for a new bow, I want to make sure I get the one I like!

Comment

I shot the the Hoyt Defiant, the Mathews Halon, and the Elite Impulse 34. All were better shooting than my Z7 Xtreme, all very smooth. Both the Defiant and the Halon, with ATAs of 30.5 and 30 respectively, actually drew like 34" ATA bows due to the way the cams are designed. I ranked them in terms of preference the way they are listed above and ordered the Defiant. But that's me.

I chose the Hoyt because of the draw curve - or, at least the way I perceived it. The Defiant loaded smoothly and consistently while the Halon took more force up front then leveled off. And, for what its worth, the Defiant has almost no perceptible vibration at the shot, while the Halon had a little buzz to it. Both were shot bare bow.

Comment

Halon!

Comment

I went to my local bow shop to buy the halon or the prodigy.
                I tryed the elite 32 while I was there and that's what I left with.

Comment

In the same pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Easymoney07 View Post
                    I shot the elite 35 and it is very very nice to shoot. I've heard they weren't turning very high speeds have you cronoed one yet?

speed is so over-rated

ponder this fact .... very few rigged out hunting bows shoot an arrow faster than a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun (350 fps)

speed comes at a cost and it all depends how you like your bow to feel on the draw cycle and back wall.

as others have mentioned, go shoot 'em and let the bow pick you

fwiw - I like the longer ATA of the Elite 35 as it's a pleasure to shoot

Comment

I will tell you this, I shot Obsession, New Breed, Expedition, High Country, Hoyt, Bowtech, PSE, Elite, Mathews Prime and maybe a couple of others that I cannot remember. when shot on all the same draw weight and draw length, they were all within 12 fps of each other! I chose my current bow on feel in my hand, draw cycle and feel on the shot.

I will tell you this, I stepped out of my comfort zone doing this and I am VERY DANG HAPPY with my choice of bows. I am shooting better now than I have shot in a long, long time!

Shoot them all and let the bow choose you, you will know when you shoot it!

Comment

I'll make you a deal on an HCA bow
                        Got a 29/70 Axis that is smooth and shooting above IBO.
                        If you want longer ATA, can get you an Eliminator (37") or the new Ascension (36")

Comment

You owe it to yourself to try the Halon X. 35 ATA. Mathews hit another home run with this bow.

If you want a slightly used bow, less money, go for the Chill X. Also a 35" ATA.

Comment

Take a hard look at the apa m36 might be right up your alley. Super smooth shooting bow

Comment

Check out TX based Moxie Archery. I shoot their 35.5" and love it. Its a 330 IBo but they 32" 340 IBO. I have been really happy with it this year. Got to take a Ram and a few hogs on the lease.

Comment

Every bow I shot could have been the one I chose. They were all great shooting bows bar none!

The only way to choose the bow that will perform or shoot like you want is to shoot as many different mfgrs and models as you can and let the bow pick you.

Do not let anyone tell you what bow you need to shoot, you decide!

Comment

Working...
                                X