Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonbonjovi View Post
    I have trained dogs near that area...is that an OTC area or by draw only...I will probably hunt with my brother who is a resident in Eagle but like you did not draw a tag either, so we will look toward the eastern part of the state, but the pressure there has been very high the last couple of years both from the hunters (two legged and four legged)

It's a OTC for archery. Rifle hunt is controlled to only 200 tags.

Comment

Bump for potatoe country

Comment

No one else is hunting elk or deer up here?

Comment

I'll be there Oct. 18-25th, I have an Elk and Mule tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
            I'll be there Oct. 18-25th, I have an Elk and Mule tag.

General season? If I don't fill my archery tag I'll be chasing mulies then too.

Comment

It won't be anytime soon but I would like to get up there for an elk hunt. My grandma was telling me this weekend that some family members used to make a trip around Challis every now and then years ago. I looked it up last night, 36B right? Is that draw tags for rifle as well?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                It won't be anytime soon but I would like to get up there for an elk hunt. My grandma was telling me this weekend that some family members used to make a trip around Challis every now and then years ago. I looked it up last night, 36B right? Is that draw tags for rifle as well?
                This is what you would have in 36B. it's in the Salmon zone and more than likely do the B tag. Issue with that is tags sell out fast. Though that's the area.

Comment

Anyone have any interest? I got the area narrowed down to two areas. One area had a 380" bull taken from there last year.

Comment

I have had a couple guys pm me with interest. I am dead set on helping a brother out if they want to hunt archery up here. Little sneak peak of some critters that I have located.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                      Anyone have any interest? I got the area narrowed down to two areas. One area had a 380" bull taken from there last year.
                      I am definitely always interested since I did not draw New Mexico and decided to get my 5th preference points for ELK and Deer in Colorado. I am 0-3 on Elk so I am always open to opportunities to keep trying. Sun Valley area is right up my alley and my wife's....lol. Are you thinking packing-in, motel, travel trailer? How many days as I am flexible? Looks from what you typed I can get a bull tag over the counter?

Comment

Yes it's the pioneer zone so you can get a tag over the counter. Sub valley isn't far away. My plan is to pack in and days are in the air right now. I am not sure about the rut and when it happens but may try and get a elk down opening weekend if I can. If you want to chat about it more send me a pm

Comment

Just got back from there. Man it looked great.

Comment

That is a heck of a deal WW!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                              That is a heck of a deal WW!

Thanks. Figured someone out there would like to chase some elk without having to go into it blindly. Right now there are two of us but it may be myself flying solo most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                                Thanks. Figured someone out there would like to chase some elk without having to go into it blindly. Right now there are two of us but it may be myself flying solo most of the time.
                                I might keep this in mind if the offer still stands next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X