No announcement yet.

What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After seeing that last picture, I am thinking it is for the purpose of grinding corn or something similar. If you filled the bottom of that thing with something like loose dried corn. Then have one person pushing the corn towards the center while someone else turns the crank, it should ground up the corn between serrations on the end of the wooden shaft and the serrations in the tapered hole.

Comment

Old ars fidget spinner.....size XL

Comment

I am going to try to post several pics now. I think I have them resized correctly. It was said at action this si early 1800's from the Amish in the Ozarks for grinding corn. This was said by a fellow bidder so I am not of the reliability of that. I have searched many search engines to no avail. I am interested in what it does and how it works. I may have to take it back and see if I can find an Amish elder willing to share the knowledge
        Attached Files
        Last edited by brushtrooper; 11-14-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

With those metal inserts and the dished lower section, I say it's a (corn) grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            After seeing that last picture, I am thinking it is for the purpose of grinding corn or something similar. If you filled the bottom of that thing with something like loose dried corn. Then have one person pushing the corn towards the center while someone else turns the crank, it should ground up the corn between serrations on the end of the wooden shaft and the serrations in the tapered hole.
            Yeah. That.

Comment

Don't know what it's for, but it's designed to cut through that piece, not press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cartel based hemp grinder and press. Low 5 figures = $12500.00

You win...................

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  It looks like a dog house. Hard to be sure though with that contraption in the way.
                  You sir are funny as heck!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X