Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Those folks at the event are probably real lucky he did not jump into one of his airplanes and fly it into that crowd at about 120 mph.
    A whole lot more folks would be dead today. Murders will murder
    Yeah. I've been hearing news outlets say that this is the worst massacre in U.S. history. Obviously this is terrible and devastating, but how soon we forget.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      There have been amendments if I'm not mistaken ...

I know they are out there, but I dont know anyone who wants to take away all guns. That would never happen.

I'm not sure what you meant with your first line.

You may not know someone who openly admits they would like to see gun ownership banned but you do. Off the top of my head, I can think of three people I know who would rejoice in that very ideal. That is your typical liberal politician.

Who I don't know is anyone who would do the taking. Every military member I have asked about it said they would rather be alive in Levenworth than dead on a porch.

Comment

What other countries have these type of mass shootings?

I'm not for banning guns and suppressors I'm just curious why we as a nation have so many of these shootings like this.
        Why America?
        Why?

The guns are only a conduit for these folks to commit these heinous acts.
        But many are starting to question should we even let this be an option for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
          Who I don't know is anyone who would do the taking. Every military member I have asked about it said they would rather be alive in Levenworth than dead on a porch.
          That's why I dont believe it will ever happen ... No matter what any government member says.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            What other countries have these type of mass shootings?

I'm not for banning guns and suppressors I'm just curious why we as a nation have so many of these shootings like this.
            Why America?
            Why?

The guns are only a conduit for these folks to commit these heinous acts.
            But many are starting to question should we even let this be an option for them?
            Guess you haven't seen any news in any other countries lately? Europe mostly here lately. Tons of attacks. They just use buses, knifes and bombs.

Crazy people find ways. I personally am all for the banning of pressure cookers. We don't need them. we just dont.

Comment

That's why I dont believe it will ever happen ... No matter what any government member says.
              It's less a matter of confiscation than it is a particular Party (choose any) that runs the table with power and decide to generate Laws which make it impossible to buy ammo or reloading components. Obama wanted that very thing. If they can do that, guns become expensive trot line sinkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                Guess you haven't seen any news in any other countries lately? Europe mostly here lately. Tons of attacks. They just use buses, knifes and bombs.

Crazy people find ways. I personally am all for the banning of pressure cookers. We don't need them. we just dont.
                The entire middle east?????????? Like every country every day oh and North Africa as well. Just in America though lol.

Comment

I dont believe that - and I understand the fear. There has to be a better way, because these types of tragedies are not decreasing in numbers.
                  Playing Cowboys and liberals would be a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post

I specifically wrote MASS SHOOTINGS
                    And in other countries it's ISIS that's doing all the blowing up and running ppl over
                    Here in America it's my uncle and fishing buddy that's doing this stuff.
                    Yeah we will have a Sacramento or Orlando mixed in
                    But the majority are Columbine, Sandy Hook and Vegas types.

And while you're trying to be a smart azz with the pressure cooker comment, there is no pattern with pressure cookers like there is for high powered rifles.

I'm not for banning of any firearm
                    I'm looking more into the mentality of why someone would want to do this
                    Look at the guy in Arizona that shot the politician lady at the grocery store.
                    What about the guy that shot up the softball game in DC this summer.

it's not the gun, it's MENTAL HEALTH

Comment

Australia banned guns in 1996

In 2011, there was a mass shooting in Hectorville. In 2014, one in Hunt, and again in 2014 one in Wedderburn (which was a 4 hour siege of a neighborhood).

“But wait, that’s only 3 since 2011! We’ve had 29 in America alone in that same time period!”

This is also a bit of trickery with numbers and comparing statistics. Yes, there have been 29 in America since 2011, and I do not dispute that. But let’s dig deep into numbers- Australia only has 23 million people living in it (with a large amount of those very spread out). But let’s just stick to quantity and not density. The United States has nearly 14 times as many people, at nearly 320 million. So if you compare apples to apples, if Australia had as many people as the United States and the ratio of mass killings to total populace remained the same, Australia would have 42 mass killings compared to 29 in the United States. That is 13 more!

Finally, if someone really wants to kill someone, they will find a way. Let’s look at the recent Cairns child killings in Australia where someone killed 8 children with a knife. Or the Quaker Hill Nursing home arson in Australia that killed 11 by fire. Or the Lin killings, also in Australia, that killed 5 with a hammer.

Copy and pasted.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        The entire middle east?????????? Like every country every day oh and North Africa as well. Just in America though lol.
                        LoL so now we are comparing ourselves to countries that don't have running water, take dumps standing up and don't have NFL Sunday Ticket access?

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                          Australia banned guns in 1996

In 2011, there was a mass shooting in Hectorville. In 2014, one in Hunt, and again in 2014 one in Wedderburn (which was a 4 hour siege of a neighborhood).

“But wait, that’s only 3 since 2011! We’ve had 29 in America alone in that same time period!”

This is also a bit of trickery with numbers and comparing statistics. Yes, there have been 29 in America since 2011, and I do not dispute that. But let’s dig deep into numbers- Australia only has 23 million people living in it (with a large amount of those very spread out). But let’s just stick to quantity and not density. The United States has nearly 14 times as many people, at nearly 320 million. So if you compare apples to apples, if Australia had as many people as the United States and the ratio of mass killings to total populace remained the same, Australia would have 42 mass killings compared to 29 in the United States. That is 13 more!

Finally, if someone really wants to kill someone, they will find a way. Let’s look at the recent Cairns child killings in Australia where someone killed 8 children with a knife. Or the Quaker Hill Nursing home arson in Australia that killed 11 by fire. Or the Lin killings, also in Australia, that killed 5 with a hammer.

Copy and pasted.
                          Again,
                          Guns are not the issue
                          What is making these folks go crazy and murder a bunch of ppl all at once?

Comment

And in other countries it's ISIS that's doing all the blowing up and running ppl over

And while you're trying to be a smart azz with the pressure cooker comment, there is no pattern with pressure cookers like there is for high powered rifles.

You don't understand human mentality very well. Hate and violence has always been there and will always be there. A leftist shooting up a baseball field full of politicians from the "wrong side" or some ISIS soldier shooting up a church whats the difference? Dead is dead, murder is murder. You know something I don't about being dead?

Comment

Of course there isn't mass "shootings", cause other countries dont have the freedom we have with our second amendment. So they use other things.

And most of the crazies over here are politically motivated because our government keeps purposely dividing us. I dont particularly see that in other countries. ISIS isn't overwhelming in the USA because we don't have the population of muslims present (right now anyways) that these other countries have.

All in all we have MUCH less terrorist like casualties than a whole lot of other countries.

You can make laws and restrict people all you want, but crazy will always be crazy.
                              Last edited by Part Timer; 10-03-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

LoL so now we are comparing ourselves to countries that don't have running water, take dumps standing up and don't have NFL Sunday Ticket access?
                                You asked to name somewhere else. The entire world was given to you but it doesn't count lol. You should write a book on logical fallacies, I cant keep up.

Comment

Working...
                                X