Trump attempting to Legalize.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dui

The liberal media had a story on this morning about people killed by high drivers in Colorado. Threw out some stats suggesting about half of the smokers there admit to driving high.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
      The liberal media had a story on this morning about people killed by high drivers in Colorado. Threw out some stats suggesting about half of the smokers there admit to driving high.
      Probably the same half that was driving high before Colorado legalized "The Pot".

Probably the same amount driving in TX high.

Comment

Personally I am tired of trying to do more of the same expecting a different result in regards to our nations drug policy. legalize it, tax it and move along. use the tax money to improve schools / pay down our nations debt.

Comment

Yep legalize it, penalty for driving high when you kill some one in an auto, manslaughter or maybe even murder.

Comment

Another thing tax it at 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
              Personally I am tired of trying to do more of the same expecting a different result in regards to our nations drug policy. legalize it, tax it and move along. use the tax money to improve schools / pay down our nations debt.

If you want that to happen the tax would need to be collected and allocated by a non gov. entity. Gov. will see a billion coming in then spend 3 and nothing will get improved

Comment

They legalized it in CA Jan. 1. The world has not changed a bit. The state created 3 new government agencies to regulate it- more people on the gov payroll.

I read that the cost of cannabis at the state licensed dispensaries is 3-4 times higher (pun intended) that ‘private party’ transactions from illegal growers to buyers.

No stories in the papers about people killed in car or workplace accidents while stoned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never knew we had so many progressives on this sight. The call for more taxes is loud here these days. Tax and spend, tax and spend. How bout no.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    They legalized it in CA Jan. 1. The world has not changed a bit. The state created 3 new government agencies to regulate it- more people on the gov payroll.

I read that the cost of cannabis at the state licensed dispensaries is 3-4 times higher (pun intended) that ‘private party’ transactions from illegal growers to buyers.

No stories in the papers about people killed in car or workplace accidents while stoned.

Gee, no one could possibly see that coming And the war on drugs will continue so nothing changes.

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                    Never knew we had so many progressives on this sight. The call for more taxes is loud here these days. Tax and spend, tax and spend. How bout no.
                    I'm anti-drugs. But I agree. Either make them legal or don't. Don't tell me weed is not bad for you but then tax it with a sin tax. I wont buy it either way but what's not right is just not right.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      Gee, no one could possibly see that coming And the war on drugs will continue so nothing changes.

I'm anti-drugs. But I agree. Either make them legal or don't. Don't tell me weed is not bad for you but then tax it with a sin tax. I wont buy it either way but what's not right is just not right.
                      Exactly. If anyone thinks that tax money from pot would be anything other than wasted, you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

I’m sales mgr for an engineering company doing product development. I’m contacted by people doing bongs, vaping units, cannabis distillation/ oil extraction.

What’s interesting is the business guys making money, running a chain of licensed dispensaries are NOT stoners. They’re in it for the $, and don’t mess with getting high.

To each their own, just don’t drive, shoot a weapon or put somebody else at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                          Exactly. If anyone thinks that tax money from pot would be anything other than wasted, you haven't been paying attention.
                          You could say that about any tax ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            You could say that about any tax ...
                            That is exactly my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              That is exactly my point.
                              And my counter point would be that you are right about the mis-allocation of funds, but I do believe that SOME of those taxes would go to something worthy. Some is better than none in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                And my counter point would be that you are right about the mis-allocation of funds, but I do believe that SOME of those taxes would go to something worthy. Some is better than none in my opinion.

I just don't think something should be taxed if legal. The whole premise that a sin tax somehow has some moral bearing is ridiculous. It's nothing more than an excuse to tax more.

For the record. I'm all for legalizing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X