No announcement yet.

New Water well and septic recommendations for Gillespie county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was recommended to me by a local rancher/ retired plumber. And is digging 3 wells off of the dirt road I am on.

Been out to my place and walked around with some sticks taped together. Started smiling when, the sticks started bobbing up and down and said he would find water. Will let you know how he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
      http://www.mjseptic.com/

My good friend Michael is one of the owners this company.
      He covers that area. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them.

I think Burnadell would even give him the seal of approval. (Hopefully that’s still a good thing) [emoji1360]

YEP! Michael is full of crap but still has time to clean up your crap!

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

He was recommended to me by a local rancher/ retired plumber. And is digging 3 wells off of the dirt road I am on.

Been out to my place and walked around with some sticks taped together. Started smiling when, the sticks started bobbing up and down and said he would find water. Will let you know how he does.

Any update?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
          http://www.mjseptic.com/

My good friend Michael is one of the owners this company.
          He covers that area. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them.

I think Burnadell would even give him the seal of approval. (Hopefully that’s still a good thing) [emoji1360]

Thanks for the recommendation but unfortunately I am out of their zone. They still offered me a quote so I could compare prices. Nice folks

Comment

None on the well. But I got power to the cabin, and most of the electrical finished. I spoke to Greg last week and he said he should be able to start in a few weeks. I want to say he is $16/ foot if you are looking to compare prices.
            Attached Files

Comment

None on the well. But I got power to the cabin, and most of the electrical finished. I spoke to Greg last week and he said he should be able to start in a few weeks. I want to say he is $16/ foot if you are looking to compare prices.
              Ok, now I'm jealous!

Comment

Carson the chairs look great on the porch ,I hope they were to your liking and you get to enjoy them .

Comment

ttt, for real this time lol

Comment

Have you thought about water catchment? We hooked up one gutter out of the 3 to a 1100 gallon tank and it has more water in there than we can use. We rigged up a pump and ran it to a sink with a camp water heater that runs on batteries and propane. We've been good on water for years now. The Cabin is about 400sq ft.

Comment

Well is working great. Ran a waterline to the house, and one to some troughs for cattle. I dont have the numbers with me, but it was around 750' deep and is kicking out a good amount of water. Septic is going to be much harder. I had Greg's guys cut me a line when they were out there, but then the septic guy said it was too rocky to do septic. Still pooping on the ground at the moment, but you can take a hot shower.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good luck. I will be well drilling and septic digging soon myself in Harper. So following.
                        Virdell Drilling keeps coming up when I speak to folks.
                        With all that rock you may have to go aerobic type waste treatment

Comment

Well is working great. Ran a waterline to the house, and one to some troughs for cattle. I dont have the numbers with me, but it was around 750' deep and is kicking out a good amount of water. Septic is going to be much harder. I had Greg's guys cut me a line when they were out there, but then the septic guy said it was too rocky to do septic. Still pooping on the ground at the moment, but you can take a hot shower.

Who drilled yours?

Comment

I'll be having a well drilled in the next couple of weeks just south of Hilda off RR-783. Many of the wells over the last 15-20 years near me were drilled by Virdell, but I understand they are under new ownership as of late. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but couldn't find anyone that had direct experience with them lately.

Did some more research and spoke with a few other contractors like Zane Magill in Castell, Walden in Llano, Mike Haag with Harper Pump Service, and heard great things about L&L out of Hye. We will be using Mike with Harper Pump after having him come out for a well test on an existing windmill. Neighbor has used him over the years with good success on both new wells and servicing of existing wells, and have had several other recommendations as well. I'd recommend giving him a call as he is probably close to your area.

As for septic, we've had a few contractors come out, including Schladoer Septic Systems (Rhett Schladoer) and J Bar C Septic (Josh Smith), both out of Fredericksburg. Not sure who I'll use yet for septic, but have been happy with the interactions with them thus far.

Hope that helps. PM me if you'd like more specifics.

Comment

Gonna be expensive.....thats all I got for ya.

Comment

I know Joshua Smith personally and have done business with him. Great guy to deal with

Comment

Working...
                                X