Things to do...road trip from Corpus Christi to St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do...road trip from Corpus Christi to St. Louis

Since we have folks from all over here, thought I'd see what y'all think. My wife, 2 sons(10 and 13), and I are going on a road trip in mid June. We are leaving from Corpus Christi and headed to St. Louis. We can leave as early as Saturday and not have to be in St. Louis until the following Saturday. I think one of the places I want to stop is in Branson, MO to visit my aunt and uncle. I would imagine we'll be going through East Texas and up through Arkansas and the Ozarks to get to Branson. I am thinking a fishing trip somewhere like Caddo or Lake O' the Pines and possibly steam train ride in Palestine. And possibly another fishing trip on Table Rock Lake. Other things to do along that general route? Scenic things? Good food? Museums? Historical things? Could use some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Sonny
    Last edited by HUNTNETIME; 05-20-2019, 01:47 PM.

If you are "in" to Indian artifacts, go visit the Cahokia Mounds State Historic site east of St Louis --- about 3o minutes across the river. Be sure and go into the museum and see the presentation in the theater---and their points are breathtaking. I've been to many sites across the US and this is the best by far.

Comment

Lots to see in the Missouri Ozarks check out lake of the Ozarks. If you go to Branson take the scenic route to St. Louis take 65 north out of Branson to 54 east it will take you through lake of the Ozarks and Jefferson City (state capital) to interstate 70 or stay on 54 about 20 more miles and you can tell everyone you have been to Mexico Missouri.

Comment

Do some trout fishing in Arkansas. White river, norfork, little red, or spring river. Get a guide.

Find one of the caves that fit's y'all's interest level, anywhere from ride a jeep train through it to squeezing through tiny cracks to see what's back there.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
          Since we have folks from all over here, thought I'd see what y'all think. My wife, 2 sons(10 and 13), and I are going on a road trip in mid June. We are leaving from Corpus Christi and headed to St. Louis. We can leave as early as Saturday and not have to be in St. Louis until the following Saturday. I think one of the places I want to stop is in Branson, MO to visit my aunt and uncle. I would imagine we'll be going through East Texas and up through Arkansas and the Ozarks to get to Branson. I am thinking a fishing trip somewhere like Caddo or Lake O' the Pines and possibly steam train ride in Palestine. And possibly another fishing trip on Table Rock Lake. Other things to do along that general route? Scenic things? Good food? Museums? Historical things? Could use some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Sonny
          1.) Book a trip with Buff. He will put you on the crappie!

2.) Take a tour through beautiful and famous White Oak, TX.

Comment

Leila's Landing in Hamilton, Arkansas. Nice lake where you can rent a boat and fish. It's very affordable as well.

Comment

While in St. Louis go to the City Museum. Coolest place ever my two daughters loved it last year. Has a 10 story slide. Farris wheel and school bus on top of the building. Tons of other cool things there to do. Really fun interactive museum/giant playscape.

Comment

Crater of diamonds
                Buffalo river
                Branson for sure

Comment

See the Cards at Busch Stadium

Comment

Drive lol that’s something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                      See the Cards at Busch Stadium
                      Tickets already purchased! 😁

Comment

Keep 'em coming folks!

Comment

If your heading up to Branson don’t take I-49..... pick up Hwy 21 in Clarksville Ar and head north to Ponca, that’s where the bulk of the elk herd is, and yes, y’all will see a bunch. Also, before you get to Ponca you will go through Kingston..... look up Hawksbill Crag, it’s a 3 mile hike on a maintained trail and a must see. From this area aim toward Jasper (great restaurant on the mountain) , then up through Harrison Ar into Branson.
                          This sounds like a lot of driving but it’s not..... about 3 hours of some of the prettiest country in the State

Comment

Check out buffalo river in Arkansas.

Comment

While is St. Louis don't forget to eat a Pappy's bbq. Right down the road from Union Station. After that load the car back up and get out of St. Louis. I went to high school and college in Edwardsville Ill. With in a week of graduating I was out of there.

Johnson's shut-ins state park in Missouri was a favorite place for us to visit. It's been 20 some odd years since I was last there but it had a really cool natural water slide and lots of trails to hike.

Comment

Working...
                              X