No announcement yet.

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as far along as I wanted to be by now but can't help family medical issues. I was able to get out Friday and put some sheets of OSB up. Spent early Saturday morning in the ER with wife and watched the 3 kiddos rest of the day. Got the kiddos in bed a bit ago and just completed last full sheets. I still need to rip some for the tops. Ceiling joist are on site and if all goes well I will have them up this week. Hopefully roof framing next wknd!

Last 2 pics are view out front door to the south and master bedroom side deck door. Nice view over the pond after the dead pines are removed.
    Attached Files

Comment

Spent another $1460 for all ceiling joist, nails and 25 more sheets of OSB.

Brings the cost right at $6700 so far.

Comment

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sir foundations like that are my weak point. Did you do some sort of load calls or something to figure out what you needed? Everything I have built is always on a slab so I am real curious. How long do piers like that last? Want to do this myself someday... hopefully sooner than later. Really enjoying reading this, thanks for the updates!

Ryan

Also I hope your wife is feeling better!
          Last edited by Rubberdown; 07-15-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
            Sir foundations like that are my weak point. Did you do some sort of load calls or something to figure out what you needed? Everything I have built is always on a slab so I am real curious. How long do piers like that last? Want to do this myself someday... hopefully sooner than later. Really enjoying reading this, thanks for the updates!

Ryan

Also I hope your wife is feeling better!
            I went based on information from my personal house build. I honestly overdid it on this foundation but that isn't a bad thing. 4x6 post are very strong. I have come across many homes 3 times this size just sitting on cinder blocks. No load calls or anything done. I really don't have the information your really wanting but can say it will last my lifetime plus.

When it comes to plumbing it sure is easy. East to adjust settling issues as well. That is if any ever occur. From my little 10 yr experience I haven't had a single problem.

Believe I did this foundation for half the price of what slab would have cost.

Comment

lookin good

Comment

THAT is the nicest deer blind I have seen. Just kidding, awesome build and mad skills. Will pray for family medical issues. I would never have the guts to take on a project like this. It is amazing what happens ion this DIY section.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  Spent another $1460 for all ceiling joist, nails and 25 more sheets of OSB.

Brings the cost right at $6700 so far.
                  Thanks a million
                  Do you have a BOM or you just wing it?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                    Thanks a million
                    Do you have a BOM or you just wing it?
                    BOM? I'm going to say no since I have no clue what your asking.

Comment

Bill of Materials. Thanks for answering my questions!

Ryan

Comment

Looks great, well done Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                          Bill of Materials. Thanks for answering my questions!

Ryan
                          Crap I knew that.

I am just winging it.

Comment

In. Awesome Job

Comment

Super jealous! Can't believe I am just now seeing this thread.

Would love to do something like this at our place in the Hill Country.

Comment

This heat has me moving like a turtle! FIL will be here tomorrow and Saturday! See if we can't get this thing rolling faster! High temps in the forecast and plenty fluids on site!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X