How to get rid of barn sparrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get rid of barn sparrows?

Got 2 pair them that nested under my back porch and made a huge mess last yr.

They're back and making a racket every morning around 0530.

Anyone know how to get rid of em? I'm technically in city limits. The only time they sit still is when they are under my porch, so itd be tough to do the logical thing without damaging the house.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Broom

Comment

I had the same problem. Take a couple of blank CD's and hang them up with some fishing line. Between them twirling around and the sun glaring off of the, it keeps them away.

Comment

Chicken wire or a pellet gun

Comment

They prolly done got babies now. If you was a grumpy old man, get you stick and knock it down. Otherwise you gonna have to let em raise them younguns. After they gone put up screen wire in areas where they want to nest.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            They prolly done got babies now. If you was a grumpy old man, get you stick and knock it down. Otherwise you gonna have to let em raise them younguns. After they gone put up screen wire in areas where they want to nest.

Same here. Going to let them raise the babies first before I worry about the nest over the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
              Same here. Going to let them raise the babies first before I worry about the nest over the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check the nest, if the eggs still there, just remove them and the nest.

Comment

You fellers wouldn't like a barndo at all, we have over 2000 sf of porches and carport for them. It's been 9 years, we're used to them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                  You fellers wouldn't like a barndo at all, we have over 2000 sf of porches and carport for them. It's been 9 years, we're used to them now.
                  I got em as well, and learned to leave things alone. Now if they was a big ol birds with big ol poop, I reckon me and them would have to come to an agreement

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    Ours nested right over the door going out to the back porch. It wasn't just what you stepped on you had to worry about.

Comment

Pet-n

Comment

We had some neat under our porch last year. My wife hates them and made me knock their nest down this year. I felt bad when they showed back up a few weeks ago and sat where their nest was for a couple days. They were like W TF, where’s our house???

My grandma has always had them under her porch and carport and I like having them around to remind me of that.

Comment

I bought some small toy snakes and lizards at the dollar store and wired/taped them up under the porch and on top of my garage door motors. So far they've kept the various birds out.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            I bought some small toy snakes and lizards at the dollar store and wired/taped them up under the porch and on top of my garage door motors. So far they've kept the various birds out.
                            I did that one time and forgot they was on top of the door opener. I went to change the light bulb in the door opener and put my hand on that rubber snake.

Yes sir, I hollered like a woman.

Comment

The mess they make on your porch is the result of the thousands of mosquitos they eat during a nesting season.

Comment

Working...
                              X