Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
    All of them?

What are they taking? Its not jobs, we all know that you must fill out a I9 and be legally documented to work here

I cant remember the last time I saw a white fella work concrete, frame a house, landscape crew, work in the fields.. Fact is they wont take the work and the pay is good.. 30 years ago it was a different story because folks were willing to work hard to earn a living, now as a society we are soft and want things easy. Its easy to say they are stealing our jobs, but the fact stands we are to dang lazy to get out and do the job ourselves, so they aren't really taking jobs.
    Not true. They drive down the cost of labor to the point where they are the only ones that are willing to do said job...at that level of pay. If there weren't 10's of millions of illegals, the cost of labor would be at a point where the jobs would be filled by Americans. Simple supply and demand. The cost of goods would be much higher, but the jobs would be filled by Americans at some higher (labor price) point. It is an economic fact.

Comment

I thought those were pee stations. My Bad

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
        Lol

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
          Me too

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
            I cant remember the last time I saw a white fella work concrete, frame a house, landscape crew, work in the fields.. Fact is they wont take the work and the pay is good.. 30 years ago it was a different story because folks were willing to work hard to earn a living, now as a society we are soft and want things easy. Its easy to say they are stealing our jobs, but the fact stands we are to dang lazy to get out and do the job ourselves, so they aren't really taking jobs.
            The pay may be good now but 25 years ago when I worked in labor related fields they were undercutting American workers by accepting less pay. I could have taken the lower pay but I didn’t really relish living with 9 people in my house which was the norm for the ones I knew at the time. I would suspect that the inability to speak Spanish today would prevent many that would be willing to work in these fields if the pay has become “good” again.

Comment

I, like most on here do not condone breaking the law. Paying for these water stations with taxpayer money to help keep a human being (legal or not) alive is not in anyway a problem for me. I can understand their thinking of a better life for their families and taking whatever risk to do that. But to hear all the complaining about who is paying for the water is incomprehensible.
              Now to drive down through the ghetto or projects and see able bodied men and women living in housing that YOUR tax money paid for and having food stamps that YOUR tax money paid for and getting medical care that YOUR tax money paid for and talking on a cell phone that YOUR tax money paid for is what gets under my skin. These folks wouldn't take a job if you gave it to them.
              But to get all riled up over paying for water for ANY human doesn't make sense me one bit.

Comment

Freaking internet warriors with no first hand experience with dealing with this problem. These are PEOPLE, many of them urbanites who have no idea how to survive in the outdoors, that get lied to and left to fend for themselves by smugglers and human traffickers. They are children and women and young men who are just out of school and like video games just like your kids.

No they don’t belong here. Yes they should be deported, but they don’t deserve to die in the South Texas Brush because you’re angry at the situation.

Next time you see a bunch of buzzards in a tree I want you to think about the thought that goes through some of my friends heads. “I hope it’s not a child”.

Yeah water is a horrible idea.

A—holes.

I’ve seen some pretty disgusting things over the years on this page, but I would think a group of so called Christian men would have more compassion like the book teaches you.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                  Freaking internet warriors with no first hand experience with dealing with this problem. These are PEOPLE, many of them urbanites who have no idea how to survive in the outdoors, that get lied to and left to fend for themselves by smugglers and human traffickers. They are children and women and young men who are just out of school and like video games just like your kids.

No they don’t belong here. Yes they should be deported, but they don’t deserve to die in the South Texas Brush because you’re angry at the situation.

Next time you see a bunch of buzzards in a tree I want you to think about the thought that goes through some of my friends heads. “I hope it’s not a child”.

Yeah water is a horrible idea.

A—holes.

I’ve seen some pretty disgusting things over the years on this page, but I would think a group of so called Christian men would have more compassion like the book teaches you.

Speaking for myself I don’t have to justify my faith to you or any other man on this earth. I have only one person to answer to.

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth when you say they shouldn’t be here yet chastise us for saying the same thing just in a different manner.

And quite frankly their poor choices are not my problem. Here’s another thought
                  ,instead of paying these coyotes and smugglers thousands of dollars to get to into this country illegally how about to try to fix the problems in your own **** hole country. Or spend the same money coming into this country legally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

maybe they need to put maps with directions at the water stations too. Back to where they came from. Come legally if you meet the criteria quit breaking the law and costing the tax payers all this money.

Comment

It is my understanding that the church & volunteers support them down this way...it most certainly not being done by BP as a way to attempt capture.

I passed two fellas carrying empty milk jugs on 755 last year looking pretty rough...I slowed down, honked & left some water on the shoulder for them. They immediately turned around. I booked it & ran into a BP not too far down the road, told him what happened and I'm pretty sure they were wanting to get caught with their current condition.

Comment

Man, some of yall are cruel no matter how you try to justify it. I see guys on here asking for prayers when their dog is sick, but they don't mind if a HUMAN dies of thirst.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Speaking for myself I don’t have to justify my faith to you or any other man on this earth. I have only one person to answer to.

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth when you say they shouldn’t be here yet chastise us for saying the same thing just in a different manner.

And quite frankly their poor choices are not my problem. Here’s another thought
                          ,instead of paying these coyotes and smugglers thousands of dollars to get to into this country illegally how about to try to fix the problems in your own **** hole country. Or spend the same money coming into this country legally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Hypocrite. You don’t have to justify your faith to me, but you **** sure are going to get judged for your opinion based on what you claim to believe.

Comment

I can promise there isn't one person on this site that would not have done the same as I did that day if you had seen their condition...I'm certain BP saved their lives as there is no way they were heading back into the sticks with the only 5 water bottles I had left in the truck. They were done.

I don't think many of them realize how perilous the journey can be...they were only about 60 miles north of the rio, walking on the hwy wanting to get picked up at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                              I, like most on here do not condone breaking the law. Paying for these water stations with taxpayer money to help keep a human being (legal or not) alive is not in anyway a problem for me. I can understand their thinking of a better life for their families and taking whatever risk to do that. But to hear all the complaining about who is paying for the water is incomprehensible.
                              Now to drive down through the ghetto or projects and see able bodied men and women living in housing that YOUR tax money paid for and having food stamps that YOUR tax money paid for and getting medical care that YOUR tax money paid for and talking on a cell phone that YOUR tax money paid for is what gets under my skin. These folks wouldn't take a job if you gave it to them.
                              But to get all riled up over paying for water for ANY human doesn't make sense me one bit.
                              I feel the same.

Comment

Watering stations??? Surely no such conspiracy exists!!

Comment

Working...
                                X