No announcement yet.

Galveston Eats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this place. I grew on the Island, my brother worked there way back in the early 70's
    this has been a great place good Margaritas
    The Original Mexican Cafe
    4.2 $$
    · Mexican
    Tex-Mex venue serving up classics with 2 stories of dining areas & a history dating back to 1916.
    1401 Market St

also,

Apache Mexican Cuisine

4.4· $ ·
    Mexican

This time-tested, down-to-earth Mexican spot with sidewalk seating offers classic meals.
    511 20th St

Comment

Benno’s for great casual fried seafood.

Comment

Thank you for all of the suggestions. We will be there Sun-Fri so I hope to try several of them

Comment

x2 on Shrimp-n-Stuff...also...

If you happen to be on the west end of the island, the West End restaurant is located at the marina in Sea Isle...its upstairs, a bit on the fancy side, and you'll need a reservation.

Also at the marina in Sea Isle (ground level) is the Sand Bar...best $10 hamburger on the planet, usually has a band or karaoke, and the people watching is priceless. Be careful...its Cougar season.

Also on the west end is Nate's, just west of Jamaica Beach, and right on the main road.

Comment

Great choices already mentioned; can't go wrong. For me Black Pearl for dinner. Original Mexican cafe for breakfast- Recommended by my BOI friends (born on island)

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
              Gypsy Joynt
              Cajun Greek
              The Porch Cafe
              Farley Girls (lunch only or brunch)
              Cafe Michael Burger
              Sunflower Bakery
              Yagas
              The Black Pearl
              Blvd. Seafood
              Shy Katz

I know you said nothing fancy... but if you change your mind. Put on your slacks and fix your hair and get a reservation at Rudy and Pacos. It is by far the best food on the island, and I can’t think of a better anniversary dinner in Galveston. It’s not snooty, they just aren’t letting in any old Galveston bums in board shorts and sandals. They are also open for lunch if you want some delicious food with a more relaxed dress code.

All of these are locally owned restaurants, we avoid the chain places like the plague. The food and atmosphere is so much better with the little guys.

Murphy’s Pub for pizza and beer... Tell the floor I said hello!
              This is the best recommendation so far. I added some in bold.

Giados is terrible and overpriced. Cajun Creek is good but crazy overpriced. Shrimp and stuff is fried shrimp you can get anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mharris1 View Post
                Benno’s for great casual fried seafood.
                The best.

Comment

Millers, Shykatz

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                    Fried fish you may like Shrimp n Stuff. That's all they do is fry everything.
                    This place is good, and off the beaten path! You just gotta find avenue O!

Comment

Tell me about Cajun Greek. What kind of food, price, etc... I have been to most of the others mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                        Take the ferry over to Bolivar and eat at Stingarees!! You won't be disappointed!
                        Don't do this... Stingarees can be wonderful, but its inconsistent big time and not worth the ride across the Ferry!

Comment

I really like Stingarees, the first meal I had was some crab platter, boiled shrimp, and sausage. It was OK, did not really have any flavor compared to what I am used to. We went back 2 days later and was blown away with the different foods we chose.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                            x2 on Shrimp-n-Stuff...also...

If you happen to be on the west end of the island, the West End restaurant is located at the marina in Sea Isle...its upstairs, a bit on the fancy side, and you'll need a reservation.

Also at the marina in Sea Isle (ground level) is the Sand Bar...best $10 hamburger on the planet, usually has a band or karaoke, and the people watching is priceless. Be careful...its Cougar season.

Also on the west end is Nate's, just west of Jamaica Beach, and right on the main road.
                            I'm staying in Sea Isle right now and ate at both places. I would definitely recommend the downstairs place over the overpriced small portions fine dining upstairs. Both places are just so so on the food but the open air atmosphere downstairs with the big screen (with the Astros on) was great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              Tell me about Cajun Greek. What kind of food, price, etc... I have been to most of the others mentioned.
                              Here is their menu to check out. You always got to pay a little more for some dang good food.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is casey's still open beside Gaidos? Same food, casual setting.

Love bennos but it's been awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X