Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear rifle stock support for shooting seated in a box blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
    This is a 4x4 box blind over looking a 700 yard long wheat field. Very steady and cheap but it does make it a single person blind only, not that a 4x4 blind is comfortable with 2 people anyways. Not shown in the picture is a pad I use under the buttstock to adjust height by squeezing it.
    Our blinds had windows on all sides and I just laid a board at an angle in the corners from window to window and used it for my rear rest---longest shot I had was 350 yds or so and I never shoot that far but could hold dead steady.

Comment

Here’s what I use and I’ve seen many guys do the same with great results - adjust the height as necessary to move your point of aim and place the v groove close to the back swivel stud.

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
        Now that is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          Now that is interesting.
          They work great. My son has been making head shots on does with them since he was 6. Never missed since we started using these.

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
            They work great. My son has been making head shots on does with them since he was 6. Never missed since we started using these.
            And now the questions are is it store bought or is it homemade?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMrHolmes View Post
              And now the questions are is it store bought or is it homemade?
              A guy builds them out of his garage here in Houston. He got sick a few months ago and I think he is done making them. I own 6-8 of them and they wouldn't be too difficult to reproduce. It was always just easier for me to buy them. If someone wanted to make some more I would send them one as a template.

Comment

Working...
              X