16’ Dodge Radio Frozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16’ Dodge Radio Frozen

I bought my truck a few months back with 25k miles it currently has 41k miles on it.
    Last weekend on the way back from ATX the screen froze on the Dodge/ XM radio screen. Have any of you guys experienced this problem?

Took it to the dealer this morning and it’s obviously not covered under power train warranty. The dealer guy just said “I’ve seen it happen 2-3 different times.”
    Said you can push a few buttons for a “soft reset” that didn’t work. He said he owned a Dodge Charger that did the same thing. He said just buy an aftermarket radio and for me to have a good day!

If you guys have a factory radio laying around I’m in the market. Or know of a fix I’m all ears. Thanks GS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Originally posted by killbirds View Post
    I bought my truck a few months back with 25k miles it currently has 41k miles on it.
    Last weekend on the way back from ATX the screen froze on the Dodge/ XM radio screen. Have any of you guys experienced this problem?

Took it to the dealer this morning and it’s obviously not covered under power train warranty. The dealer guy just said “I’ve seen it happen 2-3 different times.”
    Said you can push a few buttons for a “soft reset” that didn’t work. He said he owned a Dodge Charger that did the same thing. He said just buy an aftermarket radio and for me to have a good day!

If you guys have a factory radio laying around I’m in the market. Or know of a fix I’m all ears. Thanks GS!

Comment

Picture won’t load

Comment

best bet would be join Diesels of Texas on facebook and ask if anyone has one. Usually theres quite a few people that just swap them out for aftermarket, including myself, but I didnt have a screen from the factory. There always seems to be someone on there that has one.

Comment

I had a 14 dually that did that but I was still under warranty, I think it is more common than what he told you.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
            best bet would be join Diesels of Texas on facebook and ask if anyone has one. Usually theres quite a few people that just swap them out for aftermarket, including myself, but I didnt have a screen from the factory. There always seems to be someone on there that has one.
            Great! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Tried taking battery cables off for a hard reset? Sadly, every person I know who owns a Ram truck suffers with electrical problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                Tried taking battery cables off for a hard reset? Sadly, every person I know who owns a Ram truck suffers with electrical problems.
                If you do try this make sure you disconnect both batteries (if a Cummings) and leave them off for 30 minutes or so. I found with the Cummings that I've owned in the past nothing happens if you just disconnect for less than about 30 minutes.

Comment

Not a Dodge but the screen froze on my commuter car(Hyundai Elantra). Turns out there is a little reset button on the radio you can push with a pen/paperclip to reset it. I'm not sure if the Dodge's have that or not.

Comment

Luckily it is not your main display behind the steering wheel. Mine went out and $1,600 later I now have a new one. Check with the dealer to see if there is a recall on it. Mine is a 2013 and I bet I've had 10 recalls since I had it.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                      If you do try this make sure you disconnect both batteries (if a Cummings) and leave them off for 30 minutes or so. I found with the Cummings that I've owned in the past nothing happens if you just disconnect for less than about 30 minutes.
                      I disconnected both batteries and touched neg to positive to completely ground truck out let sit 10 min. Maybe I should try the 30 min?

Comment

waiting to hear outcome

Comment

Mine freezes all the time. 2018 3500

Comment

I have a 15 with the 5.0 touchscreen. It started acting up. Stations not showing up. Volume not displaying. Random reboots. I took it in under warranty recently and they supposedly did some updates. Fixed it for now. You can download updates off of uconnect to a flash drive and install them yourself. Might work might not. Otherwise, your choices for a new radio are limited as it's not just a radio, it's the computer for the whole truck.

Comment

It's a dodge.

Comment

Working...
                              X